Fryette Impedance Matching Amp Switcher

I was wondering when they’d release something like this. Only makes sense as it seems KHE is dominating the market.

I’ve been researching these type units and the no FX Loop sharing is a big miss.

Yeah. I think so too. I think it's designed to use with the PS100 and use that for the shared loops. KHE and others have the loops as well as an attenuator loop so you can use the FX without having to us the reamp of the PS

The impedance matching is cool, but you still need ensure proper impedance if you use 2 cabs at once from what was said in the video.

I’ve been researching these type units and the no FX Loop sharing is a big miss.
For me the big miss is them not having an 8x4 option- not going to buy another one of these for every 4 amps I get- as cool as they are- khe doesn’t have fx loop switching in the 8x4 , but they do have the expansion fx switcher at least

I know the FX loop a big miss for people. But I barely ever use one anyway. Might wind up getting. Don’t need more gear… but here we are.

For me the big miss is them not having an 8x4 option- not going to buy another one of these for every 4 amps I get- as cool as they are- khe doesn’t have fx loop switching in the 8x4 , but they do have the expansion fx switcher at least

That's what I have and you can keep adding to it as well...

SpXoB06.jpg

Last edited:
I know the FX loop a big miss for people. But I barely ever use one anyway. Might wind up getting. Don’t need more gear… but here we are.

You can get the KHE 4x4 FX for a little bit more. It's worth it for the loops even if it's just for a noise gate. I just run a zuul, Mesa EQ and Eventide H90 in mine, but I can share it across 8 amps. Also have a PS100 in the attenuater loop shared across 8 amps.

Check out the N Audio 8x7. I just got one the other day.

I've been happy with my DeLisle switchers. I've had them for several years now. If you're fine with using a dial to select amps/cabs and don't need MIDI they're the best bag for the buck.

I'm interested in checking one out.

Looks like it can hook up two Power Station. So with two PS-100 you could change level for all 4 amps in the Z.

I've been happy with my DeLisle switchers. I've had them for several years now. If you're fine with using a dial to select amps/cabs and don't need MIDI they're the best bag for the buck.
I’ve been eyeing their 8x6 Pro as it shares FX loops but the impedance matching of the Fryette is impressive.

Yeah. I think so too. I think it's designed to use with the PS100 and use that for the shared loops. KHE and others have the loops as well as an attenuator loop so you can use the FX without having to us the reamp of the PS

The impedance matching is cool, but you still need ensure proper impedance if you use 2 cabs at once from what was said in the video.
I saw the extra KHE unit you have to buy to share FX loop but $2k’s a lot.

It’s cool tech, but I have to say I think it should’ve been an 8x4 switcher, And also that if you’re going to add variable impedance for the amp heads, I think it should have included a 2 ohm option. Just about any amp with a 4 ohm or 16 ohm jack will also have an 8 ohm jack to use, but there are amps like old fenders with at an unadjustable 2 ohm out that could have been integrated.

I think at this point, the next real game changer for amp/cab switchers is going to be one that gives users the ability to route any two heads to any two cabs within one unit.

There are loop switchers that use matrices which allow this type of routing configuration for pedals, where you can dynamically change pedal order, route in parallel, that kind of thing, with no AD/DA conversion. If they could add that tech to an amp switcher, I would buy one immediately.

Back