FS/FT - Budda SuperDrive 45 Head

• Thread starter Thread starter mrp5150
  • Start date Start date
Chris, when are you going to put a marshall silver jubilee on your list of amps to try out?

Good luck with the sale, I have always wanted to try a Budda, but I have a Vox AC50CP in my sights right now....

>|<>QBB<
SgtThump":7ccbf said:
>|<>QBB<

Yeah, yeah, yeah... I know I need to try a Jubilee! :) The damn things are up there in price right now. I've never even heard one period in person! I'm ashamed...

I can't find one of the damn things to try out. :x

So its up on the shopping block agian, eh? What are you doing with the combo shell? I think that was an awesome idea having both to switch back and forth.

Good luck unloading her. :)

Damn I'd love to try one of those! Good luck man. I hope it finds a good home with a player deserving such a cool amp.

>|<>QBB<
SgtThump":6684a said:
>|<>QBB<

Yeah, she's up again. I actually sold the combo shell already. The amp was real midrangey with the combo shell and lacked low end. That pretty much goes along with being a combo, though.

The amp kicks all kinds of butt really. I just have an itch to try something else. :)

I hear you, man. Its a never ending quest. Good thing though, or I would probably have nothing to do but....actually practice :o :lol:

By the way I have no idea if he'll be at all interested, but did you PM Mike(ratter) about this? He might be digging that vintage Marshall he recently got but he's also a Budda nut so...

Bro the JVM ain't going nowhere anytime soon. Now had you offered me this for my last JCM800...

>|<>QBB<
SgtThump":d71ac said:
>|<>QBB<

Plus, he has a 1972 Super Lead, which is my birth year. I'd love to have one of those. Hmmm... :)

PM him. Maybe he'll be interested, maybe not. All I know is mike loves Marshalls and Buddas so...

>|<>QBB<
SgtThump":5f2c3 said:
>|<>QBB<

Plus, he has a 1972 Super Lead, which is my birth year. I'd love to have one of those. Hmmm... :)

I'd take it off your hands in a heartbeat if I had the money. But alas, I do not...

If you didn't already have a Stiletto I would have offered up my Ace as a trade,...damn! I'd really like to try out that SD45. You should have no problem selling it.

>|<>QBB<
cibyl":70d4a said:
If you didn't already have a Stiletto I would have offered up my Ace as a trade,...damn! I'd really like to try out that SD45. You should have no problem selling it.

Wow!

Is it that dark sounding in person? The clip sounds sorta dark.

>|<>QBB<
SgtThump":505dc said:
>|<>QBB<

I'd do it anyway if you're interested. I have a Deuce Stage I and would LOVE to have an Ace to try out.

Wanna do a straight up trade?

Chris

:goodshow:

>|<>QBB<
yngzaklynch":cd281 said:
>|<>QBB<

:goodshow:

+1

I would love to hear some clips of the ace. You know I live right in between two fairly large cities and those music stores still don't get in crap to try in person. I have been wanting to try an ace for a long time
:( .

>|<>QBB<
SgtThump":521f1 said:
Here's a clip I made back in October. Sounds freaking great, doesn't it? It's a nice amp for sure.

http://www.chrissnider.net/temp/budda45_1.mp3

Chris

Hey Chris that sounds great. I must have missed your budda clips when you posted them.

>|<>QBB<
SgtThump":bb709 said:
>|<>QBB<

Kinda, as Buddas are somewhat darker voiced (kinda like Bogner.) But the SD45 is supposed to have the most treble available from all of the SuperDrive amps and it can be dialed in much brighter in person if needed for sure. I just happen to dig darker tones lately for some reason.
WHat cab did you use for those clips?

That sounded Great!!! I figured that ths amp would be a keeper for you but then again, I thought the same with your DSL... Whats next? some sort of VHT?

>|<>QBB<
SgtThump":49068 said:
>|<>QBB<

This clip was made when I had the chassis installed in a Budda 2x12" combo cabinet with G12H30 speakers. This amp didn't sound good as a combo, in my opinion. So I sold off the combo chassis (I had a 2x12" and a 1x12") and now use it as a head again. Sounds MUCH better through my closed back cabs.

Chris
hmmmmmm.......why do I keep looking at this. :?

Had the SD45 and XTC at the same time. The Budda could just about nail the Red channel on the 101B. After selling off my ACE I'm down to a SD18 combo sitting on top of a Budda 1x12.

Back