GE-10 where have you been all my life??

• Thread starter Thread starter Kapo_Polenton
  • Start date Start date
Wonder if @griff10672 could do one of these?
the problem for me to do one is the sliders .... it's obviously a physical departure from knobs ..... and I'm not set up to do something like that right now ....

the problem for me to do one is the sliders .... it's obviously a physical departure from knobs ..... and I'm not set up to do something like that right now ....
It's also the look and feel of the thing. Call me crazy, that's always going to be a factor for these classic pedals.

How noisy are they? And what kind of noise? Hiss?

And is there a ‘noise mod’ for these like there is for older GE7s?

How noisy are they? And what kind of noise? Hiss?

And is there a ‘noise mod’ for these like there is for older GE7s?

There is a bit of hiss as the level goes up for sure,,not sure what mods would be available for that but let me tell you what I think... I think the original recipe is what it is for a reason and that whenever you change components for cleaner or " more hi-fi" sound, that's exactly what you get in the end product. Guitar players are so obsessed with noise when guys like Yngwie and Norum were running early dimarzio's that were not hum cancelling through pedals with the level all the way up and they sounded incredible. A gate exists for a reason. When I am playing mine, it isn't overpowering chords or anything so it's totally acceptable, Sounds great too. I'll take some noise if I get the tone.

What about a knob for each frequency? Insane right…

Racerxrated you said the Boss OD1X overdrive sounds identical to the Boss GE7?

Have you tried the old blue MXR's? Any magic to those?
I just repaired a '78 MXR 6 Band EQ for someone this week. It sounded awesome. A little noisy but I expect a little hiss when boosting 800-1.6K up around 15dB! It pushed my JCM800 into distortion in a really nice way.

Racerxrated you said the Boss OD1X overdrive sounds identical to the Boss GE7?
I think he said it sounded like his GE-10 with the EQ set to where HE liked it. Not that it sounds the same

What makes the GE10 different than a GE7 or any other GEQ?
3 more bands... lol

On a serious note, it is huge, runs off of 117 volts and just sounds great with a low noise floor. Not to mention that EVH and many other big names have used it.

3 more bands... lol

On a serious note, it is huge, runs off of 117 volts and just sounds great with a low noise floor. Not to mention that EVH and many other big names have used it.
Yep.. mine's dead quiet.

(y)

Back