Good pedal platform for home recording?

• Thread starter Thread starter Soundstorm
  • Start date Start date
Soundstorm
Soundstorm
Something I can run a fuzz into for some solid doom tones. I've been thinking maybe a 50 watt blackface bassman like I used to have. Open to any suggestions.

I think the old Musicmaster Bass amps are pretty standard for that these days. I believe Buzz Osborne used one for recording for many years. They are pretty cheap too.

Any SF Fender would be affordable and probably get you where you wanted to be. The Twin is gonna be the cheapest pound for pound with the best clean tone of all those amps IMO. If you can get the volume to 4 you got a great clean tone plus a good base for your favorite pedals but it will be a little loud.

if you're recording into a DAW, why not use computer plugins? you can try demo versions before you buy.

if you're recording into a DAW, why not use computer plugins? you can try demo versions before you buy.
I’ve got tons of plugins. I love them, especially NDSP’s Nameless, but I’ve always gotten better results with just micing a cab. Are you talking about an analog fuzz pedal into a clean amp sim?

Reactions: rsm
It’s pretty tough to beat a pedal going into a fractal, lots of options over here, but that works great for what you need.

For that matter, using the IRX in front of the fractals amazing and you can put pretty much any kind of pedal combination with the IRX as well.

I use real amps with the UA ox often though special needs like this are really simple with what I described

It’s pretty tough to beat a pedal going into a fractal, lots of options over here, but that works great for what you need.

For that matter, using the IRX in front of the fractals amazing and you can put pretty much any kind of pedal combination with the IRX as well.

I use real amps with the UA ox often though special needs like this are really simple with what I described
Thanks for the suggestion man. I've actually owned the Fractal and IR-X and didn't bond with either one unfortunately. Real amps into cabs, mic'd with some nice preamp and hardware combo is the easiest (but of course most expensive) solution I've found.

Have you considered the Revv D20? Clean platform and has the TwoNotes built in. Perfect for home recording.

Back