• SE

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • powerball

• savage 120

• Total voters
Dropped_2_C":a6521 said:
hell yeah BV up in dis piece. hey what is the difference between the modern an the metal wizard, just curious one havemore gain or is it tubes etc
The Modern is a little looser, brighter and more vintage sounding.

My Metal has more gain than the Modern and has a faster attack.

Greazygeo":26b29 said:
The 150 and 300's are completely different than the 120's...on the 300 I like the clean and highest gain channels..the 2nd channel I didn't dig very much. Being able to set the freq of teh treb control makes the amp IMO.

Now that you said 150 I think thats what I played what ever it was hand the hand written script on the front for the controls....

Greazygeo":e6db6 said:
The Modern is a little looser, brighter and more vintage sounding.

My Metal has more gain than the Modern and has a faster attack.

damn 2 bad they don't have a dual preamp or a 2 in 1 twhre you could blend the vintge tone with th attack of the metal and gain with the modern etc, but why would you want that when you go both. i know a guy who has a dual rectifir, and he is a reallly swell guy, he is letting a really good guy in findlay dosome work on it, and man he would probably trade for one, and i am sure the guy in findlay would agree. :D

strungup":91f27 said:
Now that you said 150 I think thats what I played what ever it was hand the hand written script on the front for the controls....
The newer 120's I think have that handwritten thing too but are still 2 channels...they were revoiced more like a Mesa when they changed the looks.

The 150 and 300 are both three channels...

Dropped_2_C":72b5d said:
damn 2 bad they don't have a dual preamp or a 2 in 1 twhre you could blend the vintge tone with th attack of the metal and gain with the modern etc, but why would you want that when you go both. i know a guy who has a dual rectifir, and he is a reallly swell guy, he is letting a really good guy in findlay dosome work on it, and man he would probably trade for one, and i am sure the guy in findlay would agree. :D
He he....the clean channels are alot different between them too....

I got that guys Recto working but his Tung Sol in V1 is defective....all kinds of hissing and popping until I switched it out with another one....

VHT VHT VHT :D :D :D

Seriously, bang for your buck i would vote Blackmore.
I have heard modern metal clips from it, RR-era Ozzy clips from it and a couple AC-DC-ish clips. They all sounded superb.

Greazygeo":79da1 said:
The newer 120's I think have that handwritten thing too but are still 2 channels...they were revoiced more like a Mesa when they changed the looks.

The 150 and 300 are both three channels...

You know it was over a year ago I don't remember if it was two or three channels. I played it at the store expecting it to sound horrible based off of the reviews, but I was surprised. Makes sense that they were revoiced because it sounded nothing like blue voodoo descriptions I have heard on the forums.

Back