Has anyone played a Chandler Tube Driver?

• Thread starter Thread starter Telephant
  • Start date Start date
Lots of good suggestions. Thanks guys. :rock:

I think Im just going buy one, check it out for the heck of it, and sell it if I dont like it. :lol: :LOL:

Telephant" Im really just curious how much gain these pedals have. At home said:
Get it! I bought one of the originals in October '86. --It was the one that had the tiprings on the sides, and the SN was hand engraved on the bottom.

These have a LOT of gain, much more gain than the pre's on Jubilee Marshalls, however, the distortion level can be backed off to the point where it breaks up just a little bit. I used mine with an old Pics only Orange OR80, and that setup would smoke any stock Marshall and Boogies from the same time period. -- I played though a Jubilee Marshall ( then brand new) and was left wondering why there was so much hype about these new Marshall amps, my rig was clearly superior to the Marshall I was playing though.

The cool thing with this pedal, is that you can crank the volume on your amp to get some power tube compression and breakup, and use the input on the pedal as your Master volume. --You can get the sound of your amp cranked along with the distortion/bass/treble boost effect of the pedal at sane volumes, but you will be tempted to turn it up all the same because it sounds so good. It will make the champ clone sound good, and will make your Superbass sound like great.

Stratboy151":91256 said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNYHr4JrYIQ

also if you can find joe bonamassa's instructional hot licks vid he uses it alot

I love that demo. The tone he gets out of the univibe and octavia at the same time is unreal!!!

Lexicon Devil, thanks for the help man. THats exactly what I wanted to hear. :yes:

Tele, have you considered the Radial Tonebone Classic? Might be a better unit for what you're looking for? Just a thought.

SFW":97f9f said:
Tele, have you considered the Radial Tonebone Classic? Might be a better unit for what you're looking for? Just a thought.
Yeah Ive definitely been considering one! Im never actually played one of those either though. :confused:

Telephant":41530 said:
SFW":41530 said:
Yeah Ive definitely been considering one! Im never actually played one of those either though. :confused:

I'd actually go with the Radial if it were me. I think it's a more versatile unit. If you have a GC local, they should carry Radial products. If it's good enough for EJ and Luke... it's good enough for me. :)

Back