Headfirst Alta 100 24 hour review

• Thread starter Thread starter uzeurillus1on1982
  • Start date Start date
I was looking at these.

Then I saw the Evil Joe.

I think the ALTA has alot of options I'd never use and I don't dig the red lights laid out like that.

Evil Joe might be my next amp.
I've been on the Tong-Wagon for a while though. Guy is very knowledgeable and still very accessible. I just can't get over how ugly the the damn Alta is. Looks don't make sound. But I'd have to change those red led to different colors or something for sure.
Not understanding your disdain for the Alta aesthetic, i think it's a great looking amplifier!!! I suppose we all have different tastes.

Alta bringing something to the "tower of glory" over here in my camp!

Attachments

• Headfirst Alta 100 Jam Room.jpg
    Headfirst Alta 100 Jam Room.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 15
What a great review and happy to hear You’ve found a keeper amp! Jason’s Youtube vids are incredibly good and his Quad Cortex captures are killer as well! Seems like a great amp company. 😎

The Atla is everything I wanted from a BE and more. I'm actually moving some gear to grav another one.
Funny you say this because even with my BE Dlx 100 modded by Dave to get more mids it does not have that certain 'Kerrang' the Alta does. Also the BE has no real character at lower gain settings for lack of better description. The alta with my LP and the gain down to a little over 1/4 and it's killer 70's rock on steroids. No other high gain head I've owned sounds good with low gain settings

Back