Herbert mkIII revelation!! (People say its too round?)

• Thread starter Thread starter ChuggNorris
  • Start date Start date
I'm delighted for you. Then you have made a good choice.

But unfortunately it is actually the case that there are a lot of more or less useless amps on the market.

I already had well-known amps on my bench and was about to start troubleshooting until the owner told me that all of these types had so much background noise. I don't want to mention names.
It has been something i have experience for a long time. A lot of the amp builders didnt care about it, so they never did anything about it. But they werent playing fast enough i guess to fight for clarity with unnecessary microphonic static.

If an amp needs a noise gate in the high gain channel, then the designer has done something wrong, too little knowledge or too little experience.

Maybe he should consider attending seminars with me called:

'How to design high gain tube amps with low noise floor'
I have total faith my PMM will not need them . And I can’t fucking wait !

Many have said the modeled Amps, sometimes "improve" on the shortcomings of the real amps, based on historical criticism..

Probably why you hear a tweaked version perhaps 🤔
It can be too tight even with the modeler if you want

It can be too tight even with the modeler if you want

I like a little bit of sag in the tightness.
I still like a bit of "sink into the note" and that's where the balance comes in. Some like it a little more one way or the other. Too saggy you loose response, to tight it becomes much less musical to my ears.

It's worth noting, I use bigger strings than most. So tension is good... which helps keep an amp you might find loose, to me it can still be dialed tight.

I guarantee.

I like a little bit of sag in the tightness.
I still like a bit of "sink into the note" and that's where the balance comes in. Some like it a little more one way or the other. Too saggy you loose response, to tight it becomes much less musical to my ears.

It's worth noting, I use bigger strings than most. So tension is good... which helps keep an amp you might find loose, to me it can still be dialed tight.

I guarantee.
Nobody likes a mercyless stiff amp.

A good amp has to hang on the guitar like a good dog on a leash.

Back