Home stereo speakers

• Thread starter Thread starter RaceU4her
  • Start date Start date
Some of my friends have had 15" CV's in their living rooms. Sounded like a concert. I think that CL ad have 10"'s ? Maybe they are fine

I have JBL L100-T that I got for free and redid the foam surrounds on the woofers.

As far as receivers, the modern ones have multiple HDMI inputs. We've had good luck with Yamaha. 100W per ch. ++

I still have my Bose 301s from high school, and they’ve been punished!! Nothing big or fancy, but they still sound great

Dynaudio Contour 60’s

Power hungry but awesome in this room.

Flushed out a full home theater in used contours.

incredible overkill

IMG_6297.jpeg

I should mention that after construction wrapped, I used btpa cable for my speaker runs. Bard Bartosz hooked me up with 400 something feet 🤙🏼

I read arguing over these and the jbl L100s, and I read CV’s are better “party” speakers with more bass and highs which might actually be more what I want since I listen to rap
My dad bought these back around 1979. They still beat hard as fuck. I need to get the little cone area repaired on the mid range speaker. I am refurbishing it soon.
IMG_4801.jpeg

Depends on your room size and budget but I have a pair of b&w pm1s. I do t have much room so needed something compact and these things a brilliant. They’re never going to beat physics and shake walls but there’s enough bass in them to do convince they’re bigger than they are and their detail and soundstage are amazing, can be secondhand for a pretty good price these days

HPM-100s here too. I love em but I’d still love to try a pair of the JBL L100 tho, just so I can say I compared.

I have a set of Klipsch powered reference speakers with a Klipsch sub that sound pretty awesome.

I also have a set of KEF Q350 and KEF KSub that are amazing.

Big Bowers and Wilkins fan here. I have an old school iron core PT solid state made in Japan Onkyo power amp well before Gibson’s time that’s 150W stereo and a Sony 12” self powered 300W sub. I’m still hunting down a tv mounted all in one speaker that I plan to use as my preamp for the whole custom 3.1 set. It’s a hodge podge arrangement but all things I know sound great.

Def Tech SM65’s with Marantz components. Works for me.

I have a Bose 2.1 theater system (two small speakers on a stand and a big sub on the floor) that I bought about 12 years ago and sounds incredible. Like full blown theater sound in my living room.

Magnaplanar Magnepans
I’ve had them since ‘92.
They are fucking exceptional.

Back