Howdy, New Guy Here.

• Thread starter Thread starter VH1R2
  • Start date Start date
Dude just put it on for Eddie’s rhythm playing . It’s so crazy and the riffs mutate over and are way above most peoples rhythm playing
Tech,

Most people listen to 65 minute albums (jesus christ that is a life choice more than an album at that point) for good rhythm playing with what is known as "songs" ;

These "Songs" tend to have cohesive lyrical messages, combined with cohesive "Structures" that provide context to the whole.

Listening to someone's rhythm playing, even if it is "way above most peoples" - is, for most people, only exciting when combined with what is known as the aforementioned "Songs" - which VHiii does not have

Tech,

Most people listen to 65 minute albums (jesus christ that is a life choice more than an album at that point) for good rhythm playing with what is known as "songs" ;

These "Songs" tend to have cohesive lyrical messages, combined with cohesive "Structures" that provide context to the whole.

Listening to someone's rhythm playing, even if it is "way above most peoples" - is, for most people, only exciting when combined with what is known as the aforementioned "Songs" - which VHiii does not have
giphy.gif

Welcome new guy.

Couple things-
Watch your wallet. If you haven't experienced a GAS attack yet, you will. Prices have been coming down for most things, although the rare stuff has stayed pretty high. As are most of the late night weekend posters...which is why I try to ban myself around 9pm lest my stupid stoned posts come to fruition.

When I joined here it was an 80s-90s hard rock to metal forum. Now, it's mostly 90s-today METULZZZ stuff which is cool...but...I don't know much about that genre so my tones don't translate. This basically means I'm an old bastard.

In all seriousness, 99% of gear related questions/topics that you could even think of, the group here on RT has a wealth of knowledge that can help you in all kinds of topics should you need advice. We've all had issues with our amps/guitars like most people, and getting real opinions here can save you a lot of $$ and time/angst by getting our opinions.

Enjoy!

Tech,

Well put and the same can be said for certain extreme metal bands whose songs are just riff salads with no repeating parts. The riffs may be cool in of themselves but without compelling song structure, it’s only interesting for one or two listens.

Well put and the same can be said for certain extreme metal bands whose songs are just riff salads with no repeating parts. The riffs may be cool in of themselves but without compelling song structure, it’s only interesting for one or two listens.

Alot of technical death metal like cattle decapitation and a bunch of deathcore definitely fits this description - although, certain bands (necrophagist, lykathea aflame, cryptopsy, suffocation) definitely do not, and write cohesive songs even if they only repeat motifs and not exact riffs

as cool as some of these bands sound its just hard for me to sit through a 40 minute album of riff salad where a riff is literally never repeated these days like i used to, like its ok dudes to maybe repeat the couple great riffs in every song and actually have that.. a song lol, we arent gonna pull your death metal card...

That’s my quote from the new death metal thread lol.

Welcome new guy.

Couple things-
Watch your wallet. If you haven't experienced a GAS attack yet, you will. Prices have been coming down for most things, although the rare stuff has stayed pretty high. As are most of the late night weekend posters...which is why I try to ban myself around 9pm lest my stupid stoned posts come to fruition.

When I joined here it was an 80s-90s hard rock to metal forum. Now, it's mostly 90s-today METULZZZ stuff which is cool...but...I don't know much about that genre so my tones don't translate. This basically means I'm an old bastard.

In all seriousness, 99% of gear related questions/topics that you could even think of, the group here on RT has a wealth of knowledge that can help you in all kinds of topics should you need advice. We've all had issues with our amps/guitars like most people, and getting real opinions here can save you a lot of $$ and time/angst by getting our opinions.

Enjoy!
The tech, gear and playing experience of the members here is a wealth of great invaluable knowledge.

Thank you

Tech,

I fucking love like 6 of the songs . Some great shit on their . Reminded me vh mixed with yes and genesis

Agreed. The exception is in an "academic" context where I think a certain element is cool or neat. Then I'll go pull up that part of the "song" to hear it again, study it, etc. Sometimes I let the whole song play through, but that usually kills the vibe 'cause it sucks.

as cool as some of these bands sound its just hard for me to sit through a 40 minute album of riff salad where a riff is literally never repeated these days like i used to, like its ok dudes to maybe repeat the couple great riffs in every song and actually have that.. a song lol, we arent gonna pull your death metal card...

That’s my quote from the new death metal thread lol.
Yeah that shit gets annoying.

I've learned to appreciate a great structure and a song that tells a story but doesn't go off with too many chapters. And comes back where it began in some way. "Resolution" I think is the word.

Back