Hx effects vs pedalboard

• Thread starter Thread starter Holy-diver
  • Start date Start date
He traded it straight across for a Dual Recto head and a brand new Friedman 2x12. He still has Helix Native so it was kind of a win/win

I never had the heart to tell him but I never thought the Helix sounded good, either haha

I used the Helix for about 2 years and decided to fuck that digital shit and go back to tube amps. Best decision EVAR!

I didn't like the HXFX all that much. Its a pain in the rear to run it from a power supply as you have to combine different cables and a Y-cable for power and the included wall wart is one of the most awkwardly designed pieces out there.

I ended up using an MS-3 with the amps that I had and it worked great. Much more compact and easily powered by an under pedalboard power supply (Cioks, Voodoo, Truetone....etc).

I’m still happy with my Fractal FX8 running into a a tube head

I have the ms3 and love it for its size and functionality. It might not be the best multi effects unit ever, but it is certainly my favorite. Only problem is that it only has 1TRS amp controller out and I need 2 for my Bogner. Does anyone with the hx effects know how many amp controllers it has or if it will handle all of the switching on a 3534?

New to Rig talk and New 3534 owner here. Joined a dad band doing covers and wanted 3 channels to cover a lot of ground. I like my old school pedals but now that I'm moving stuff around, wondering if the hxfx or the aforementioned ms3 is for me. I use 4cm method. I know Amir Derakh puts everything in front BTW.

Currently the pedals mostly used are:

Tumnus
TS
Sometimes TS into Tumnus
HoF Mini Reverb
Alexander Delay. I don't use it much but could see it growing with set list or live venues
Spark Boost in the loop for solos
Balch Fuzz

Pardon the ugly photo. I was in a hurry to set up and cables are a mess. I'm not too snobby but wonder if I'll think it hear a difference.
6CF09535-B5C1-4934-B5DC-9A999E987098.png

Back