I do CNC wood working but this blew my mind

• Thread starter Thread starter John4021
  • Start date Start date
gypcvzPl.jpg

No other way to do it other that a table/miter/bandsaw
That actually makes more sense to do it that way. My first thought when I saw the OP pic was: "What about the resonance?"

Would a guitar built like that have decent resonance - or is it more a piece of art?

Pretty good work, but that dude's not the first one to do it. I've seen several builds like that. Most have been done as inlays of maple & walnut into a red colored wood like mahogany. It looks complicated to do but it's all straight cuts. It can be very time consuming, but fairly easy for a competent woodworker.

Wow, it's so good that at first I didn't even know why you were showing off some rando Frankie clone until I saw that it wasn't paint and tape making those stripes.

Last edited:
Pretty good work, but that dude's not the first one to do it. I've seen several builds like that. Most have been done as inlays of maple & walnut into a red colored wood like mahogany. It looks complicated to do but it's all straight cuts. It can be very time consuming, but fairly easy for a competent woodworker.
I just wanted to show his work is all. Your correct on others being build in the same type of construction though.
No clue what the weight it. Betting its not under 7 pounds

That actually makes more sense to do it that way. My first thought when I saw the OP pic was: "What about the resonance?"

Would a guitar built like that have decent resonance - or is it more a piece of art?
I imagine it might even be better than the average guitar if the "network" of wood strips act to brace the body more and make it more rigid. Though I don't personally subscribe to resonance being a good thing (you lose string vibration energy that way) so my perspective is that a more rigid body translates to resonant frequencies being higher, and further out of the audible spectrum, thus preserving more of the string's natural frequencies.

I looked at that and got a headache just trying to figure out how I would build that….

As far as resonance and such…. I really think it’s a crapshoot. Also far more important with acoustic guitar than electric. It plays a role for sure though.

Back