I don't think im a P90 person

• Thread starter Thread starter romanianreaper
  • Start date Start date
I got the biltoft the other day and stuck it into the Edwards LP neck position. I def can't use it as my regular guitar with it in there. Through a cranked Twin it's super spiky/open sounding like it's overloading the speakers, even with them set as low as possible in the pickup ring. Maybe I need to run the amp cooler but that's generally how I run a Twin. I use a metal pick so this is also adding some to the spiky factor but I don't have this problem with a humbucker in there. The pickup is woody and reedy sounding and the EQ is pretty balanced really, I'm just not liking the high end all that much. Maybe it's a single coil thing but......

I changed the magnets from alnico 2 to a mix of alnico 3 and alnico 5 and offset them a little with the 3 oriented towards the higher strings and it got a little better but is still a little too spikey. I think I will try using both alnico 3's next. They seem a little better damped. If it don't work out I will probably just go back to humbucker shopping again.

Back