I GOT THE LANGNER!!!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter Juggernaut
  • Start date Start date
I listened to them last night, Could've been usable how you had it set, I think if you would've played with it or gave it some time you might have liked it.

But then again not every amp/Preamp is for everyone. I know ALOT of people hate the Triaxis or have trouble dialing it in. Hell I love the Triaxis, took me all of 2 seconds to dial in a killer tone...

So? you made a good profit on it huh? Details? ;)

Cool looking piece of gear there. I've never heard of it till you mentioned it on here. I dig those clips tobiah has up. I hear some good tones in there. I am totally a head and pedals kinda guy, otherwise I know I'd have some insane GAS right now.

:cheers:

:), Man, I'm a big fan of Todd Langners mods. THe Head that Gary has is just crushing. I'd love to find a Langner modded Marshall, maybe someday, I'll score a decent Marshall Head and get Cameron to do something for me.....

Believe it or not, Todd modded an amp for me back in the day. He was jammin' with my buddy Randy in a band called "Col. Flagg" in the Bay area. Like from the TV show, MASH. It was a Carvin X100B, I think. I don't even remember, it was so long ago. It was a "100" something... I kick myself for selling that amp all the time. That was 15 years ago.

Man, thats sucks that you sold it.....Cool you had one though.

I cant wait to get this thing. I'll record some clips as soon as it's here.

It should be sweet. Todd really had (has?) an ear for tone, and an easy way of explaining things. I can't wait to hear what that preamp sounds like. He got into fabrication after I knew him. I would have certainly bought one of those from him. By the time they werwe available, I didn't know how to get hold of him any more.

Just an anicdote...

Todd put another preamp tube in that Carvin head. I got it home, and it was WAY too much gain. I called him, and he said, "open the thing up. You remember how from being at my shop, right?" I said, "yeah". He waited on the phone for me to get the thing apart them said, "see that thin next to the tube that looks like a Chicklet?" Again, I said, "yeah". He said, "get some wire cutters and snip that out. That should take care of it. Call me back after you do that and let me know if that did the trick".

Damn nice guy. I was like 19 and had NO idea what I was doing. He did me right.

*kicks self in ass for selling that amp*

>|<>QBB<
Juggernaut":83e21 said:
Just got the email, They're sending it out! 6 LONG years of searching and I Finally got it!!!!

DCP-1.jpg

DCP-1guts.jpg
Congrats dude, I had 2 of them years ago. I had Todd mod both of mine with and extra gain control on the back of the amp...he thought I was crazy but the way he did it was to just add more hair to it. I've heard that he eventually put that mod on all his pre-amps...could be wrong though. At that same time I had him do his mod on my ADA MP1.

One of the DCP's sounded incredible, the other was much darker. The ADA was awesome as well. I still wish I had that ADA and the great sounding DCP. Todd was a nice guy, easy to do business with.

Edit: After looking at that guys Langner stuff and reading his descriptions I realized why one of my pre-amps sounded better...I must have had the DCP1 Creator because the green panel was a light colored green like his in the pics whereas the DCP1 Elite was brushed aluminum type green. The Elite sounded good but it was much darker whereas the other one...just screamed with gain. Must have been it. hell, I never knew the difference. Still jugger, I think you'll like the Elite...and yes it has plenty of gain as well.

I wish the guy was still in the biz.....

Oh well, I've made a pretty good friend in Mark Cameron and trust his judgement and ideas, The mod he gave me for my Butcher made it a screaming monster (clips coming soon too).

So, I cant get any Langner stuff (other than the rare used pieces) so, I will Cameron up my gear as well. :D

Not that I'm taking Cameron as a second (just on a Langner kick).....Mark Rules!!!!!

Tod did not do George Lynch's amps, that I know of anyway. And the preamp is cool, but it won't get you the sound of my modded Marshalls. But what is cool is his Brutus power amp. That thing is a mono monster.
And lucky bastard that I am, I have three modded Langer Marshalls!

Gary you BASTARD!!!!!

sell me one. :D

Man the one Brent has I swear running it through his Marshall he can get REALLY damned close to your Tempo tone....

Hows the DVD coming along?

Very cool, congrats :) How do they compare to his mp1 mods including the 3tm? Or even ada depot's 3TM?

Todd_Langner__MP-1.jpg

cool picture Monty, where did you dig that up from. I'll let you know what I think about the comparison of the DCP-1 vs MP-1 when they are here.

I think someone posted it on ada depot awhile back and I had saved it. If I recall correctly, it's from some guitar magazine issue dedicated to current amp builders/modders :)

>|<>QBB<
4nkam":d8ae8 said:
Very cool, congrats :) How do they compare to his mp1 mods including the 3tm? Or even ada depot's 3TM?

Todd_Langner__MP-1.jpg

That is a cool picture. Todd played that Charvel in Col. Flagg.

Another aside, When Todd did that Carvin for me, I had no idea he was involved with ADA. My buddy in Col. Flagg, just said he was the shit and he did mods...

*kicks self in the ass twice because Langner modded Carvin amp sold for $350*

I have potential contact with Todd. I know a guy ;)

I'm gonna try and see what his thoughts are regarding gear/mods soon.

>|<>QBB<
4nkam":8e64c said:
I have potential contact with Todd. I know a guy ;)

I'm gonna try and see what his thoughts are regarding gear/mods soon.

Keep me informed!!!!!

:o

Will do :) We're working on tracking down another oldschool gear guru, Matt Bacchi :)

Back