I need to replace my old 12"X24" pedal board what are some good ones these days?

• Thread starter Thread starter harddriver
  • Start date Start date
I upgraded my pedalboard recently and I was steered in the temple audio direction. I got the Duo 34 and am happy although I wish it had a riser for my wah. The Friedman ones look good but kinda pricey.

I upgraded my pedalboard recently and I was steered in the temple audio direction. I got the Duo 34 and am happy although I wish it had a riser for my wah. The Friedman ones look good but kinda pricey.
How do the pedals attach on the DUO 34, is there a velcro fabric on the board deck or is it all metal, it's hard to make out in the pics?

How do the pedals attach on the DUO 34, is there a velcro fabric on the board deck or is it all metal, it's hard to make out in the pics?
It is all metal. I used zip ties, but they also make these modular pedal mounting brackets that you can buy. Not sure exactly how they work. they are about 6 bucks each iirc.

What were you using before (or currently)? I've always used Pedaltrain, but I've been eyeing the Temple Audio stuff for a while. My Fractal FX8 rig came with a flat board and an expression pedal all done up, but I want to expand. I'm not sure that I want to go either route with that. I might just put the FX8 on my spare PT2 and leave the expression pedal on the ground.

I’m fond of the voodoo lab dingbat boards. Have two of the medium size. Pedal power bolts nicely underneath

Had a buddy build me a board and it's the sweetest thing ever. Simple. You could probably build one specific to your needs if you have some basic tools and skills.

What were you using before (or currently)? I've always used Pedaltrain, but I've been eyeing the Temple Audio stuff for a while. My Fractal FX8 rig came with a flat board and an expression pedal all done up, but I want to expand. I'm not sure that I want to go either route with that. I might just put the FX8 on my spare PT2 and leave the expression pedal on the ground.
It is just some generic pedal board that Musicians Friend was selling years ago. Since I added some looper pedals I need some more real estate so I decided to look and see what's out there.

Had a buddy build me a board and it's the sweetest thing ever. Simple. You could probably build one specific to your needs if you have some basic tools and skills.
I have so many other projects in line to be completed there's no way a pedalboard would get done any time soon!:LOL:

Another vote for temple audio. They have their own fasteners for pedals. I still prefer dual lock. Their modules are a plus too. I’ve been gigging them for 3 years and they are still holding up.
IMG_3083.jpeg
IMG_3008.jpeg
IMG_3007.jpeg

Great looking pedal boards!:2thumbsup:

I'm leaning towards the Temple Audio 34U.......So exactly how are the pedal held down then if not some type of velcro, do you have to buy their attachment pieces?
Hope this demonstrates their system a little clearer… I’ve used their fasteners, they do the job and easy to switch things out. I still prefer dual lock.

I've got the 24 and it fits an AX8 and one pedal...wish I would have gotten the 34, but the stages and bars I have access to are not space friendly.
One thing..I could not get the Ax8 or the FM9 to line up with all four feet..had to be slightly canted to mount/line up with the holes.

Went to Creation Music Company the other day while I was in Tulsa, very nice products and the owner John is super cool! Worth checking out for sure!

I like how modular the Temple Audio stuff is, the mounting system, modules etc.. I had a colleague that I think had a Duo 24. Every time he used his wah, I could see the whole board flexing and the top deflecting. It turned me off to their boards. I know they're old school and blocky now, but I've been using various Pedaltrain boards for almost 2 decades now, no issues. The cases are a big plus for me as well since I don't have to track down something to fit it perfectly.

Back