Ibanez 7620 vs. 7421

• Thread starter Thread starter Bob Savage
  • Start date Start date
Cheaper floating trems on a 7 string are a major headache IMO. If you want a trem on a 7 string get the best trem you can.

I see that this is a new model. I generally like to buy used to save money, but a new one might be nice... hmmmm!!!!!

1527 is the new model of the 7620. It has the Edge Pro instead of the Lo Pro and it has the Prestige neck instead of the older necks. Other than that, they're the same. 1527 is a Prestige, so it's the top of the line that Ibanez has to offer to the public, besides J-Custom guitars.

>|<>QBB<
Code001":b1974 said:
1527 is the new model of the 7620. It has the Edge Pro instead of the Lo Pro and it has the Prestige neck instead of the older necks. Other than that, they're the same. 1527 is a Prestige, so it's the top of the line that Ibanez has to offer to the public, besides J-Custom guitars.

What's the difference between the Edge Pro and Lo Pro?

>|<>QBB<
Bob Savage":00c0c said:
>|<>QBB<

Dang, I like the looks of that one. How does the 1527 compare to the 7620, and where is the 1527 built?

The 1527 is a MIJ Prestige, they introduced it after they discontinued the model I have, the 1077XL.

The 1527 has Ibanez pickups and a Edge Pro trem, not sure what the scale length is.

The 1077XL has a 27" scale length, Low Pro Edge trem, and Dimarzio's.

Thanks for the info Code... I like that you can replace the knife edge, although after using the Vigier's, I don't really like knife edge trems anymore.

>|<>QBB<
Shiny_Surface":6938e said:
>|<>QBB<

The 1527 is a MIJ Prestige, they introduced it after they discontinued the model I have, the 1077XL.

The 1527 has Ibanez pickups and a Edge Pro trem, not sure what the scale length is.

The 1077XL has a 27" scale length, Low Pro Edge trem, and Dimarzio's.

I'm guessing I'll need to replace the Ibanez pups, which is a drag. On the other hand, maybe they're nice pups, I just doubt I'll like them because I almost never like stock pups.

They're ok, but not quite on par with Dimarzios IMO :)
3.jpg

Yeah......the stock pups are ok, nothing to write home about but the rest of the guitar is very good. The 5 piece neck is very stable and plays like a dream if you are into the Ibanez neck.

Hey Bob, could you get a Custom Vigier 7 string if you wanted? How does their custom shop work? Sorry for being off topic. :oops:

The 1527 is what I will go with if I don't go with the 8 string. The Prestige necks are pretty killer. I've got an RGA 121 and RG1820X with them, they are really solid.

>|<>QBB<
Megadeth7684":81166 said:
Hey Bob, could you get a Custom Vigier 7 string if you wanted? How does their custom shop work? Sorry for being off topic. :oops:

Vigier has a standard 7 string model, however, I don't want to spend that kind of coin. I figure the bang for buck on an Ibanez is going to be high so I'm looking for one of those. I've tried the Petrucci EB 7 string and loved it but they don't come up for sale often and they're expensive used.

>|<>QBB<
Bob Savage":98868 said:
>|<>QBB<

Vigier has a standard 7 string model, however, I don't want to spend that kind of coin. I figure the bang for buck on an Ibanez is going to be high so I'm looking for one of those. I've tried the Petrucci EB 7 string and loved it but they don't come up for sale often and they're expensive used.

Ah, I see. Does Vigier have a custom shop even?

>|<>QBB<
Megadeth7684":30684 said:
>|<>QBB<

Ah, I see. Does Vigier have a custom shop even?

Ron Thal has a guitar shaped like a foot, this indicates to me that they have some sort of custom shop.

Patrice Vigier is a pretty cool dudes, very humble.

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":68f29 said:
>|<>QBB<

Ron Thal has a guitar shaped like a foot, this indicates to me that they have some sort of custom shop.

Patrice Vigier is a pretty cool dudes, very humble.

:lol:

Well, he's endorsed, and he's a big name guitarist, so I imagine they make him whatever he wants.

Any thoughts on the S Series 7 strings?

Edit: Only 22 frets... nevermind.

Back