Ibanez Tom Quayle TQM2 Signature Electric Guitar

• Thread starter Thread starter JohnnyGtar
  • Start date Start date
Tom could make any guitar sound good. But $3k sounds excessive for a couple pieces of wood with a little metal stain paint and pickups.

Ibanez makes great signature models that are unique and worth the money, nobody can really deny that. I've played and own more "affordable" signature models by them that easily play, sound and are made better than so $4,000 Gibson or Fender guitars.

$1200-$1800 price range seems to be the sweetspot for Ibanez siggy guitars. Super affordable yet very high quality.

Ibanez pickups sound interesting, ftom the video it looks like they sound better than the horrid Axis pickups that they used to make and include in siggy models which was my only complaint with my JS100. So I installed Fender Kingfish pickups and the guitar sounds better than the JS2480 and JS1CR's (guitars triple the price). I need to see more demos of the guitar or try it myself in order to judge these new Ibby pups.

I'm far more interested in getting the new YY90 which they haven't announced yet but will release later :)

I have her YY10 and it's an amazing axe!

Ibanez makes great signature models that are unique and worth the money, nobody can really deny that. I've played and own more "affordable" signature models by them that easily play, sound and are made better than so $4,000 Gibson or Fender guitars.

$1200-$1800 price range seems to be the sweetspot for Ibanez siggy guitars. Super affordable yet very high quality.

Ibanez pickups sound interesting, ftom the video it looks like they sound better than the horrid Axis pickups that they used to make and include in siggy models which was my only complaint with my JS100. So I installed Fender Kingfish pickups and the guitar sounds better than the JS2480 and JS1CR's (guitars triple the price). I need to see more demos of the guitar or try it myself in order to judge these new Ibby pups.

I'm far more interested in getting the new YY90 which they haven't announced yet but will release later :)

I have her YY10 and it's an amazing axe!

Yvette is such a badass. More power to her.

I have 2 Ibanez AZ’s, a premium and prestige ( AZ47p1qm and AZ2407f) Both have HSH Dimarzios. Believe it or not, there isn’t that big of a difference between the two. Yes, the prestige is nicer, but it’s not night and day. I play the AZ premium the most. I’m a BIG fan of the AZ’s. Besides a tremol-no, both of mine are unmodified. They offer so much tone, control and playability

I paid $1200 for the Premium and $1700 for the Prestige. I think $3k is ridiculous. I played Tom’s 1st signature AZ, (the one with the blackwood top) and it was nice, but not $3k nice.

Back