If you could hire any producer/engineer...

• Thread starter Thread starter japetus
  • Start date Start date
Rick Beato.
He knows a thing or two and looks to have a lovely studio.
Wall of amps I see in the interviews.
We'd have great conversation.

Of course Id have to check his mic collection.
Mics are everything!

Bill Metoyer - He did a lot of the old Metal Blade stuff, and I love Mentors as much as I love Omen, Fates Warning, and Tyrant.
Flemming Rassmussen - Obviously people know him for recording the best sounding Metallica LPs, but he was involved with engineering/producing Rainbow, Pretty Maids, Artillery, Brats (punk/metal band pre-Mercyful Fate) among other bands.
Henrik Lund - Another Danish producer, he's done stuff for Mercyful Fate, Witch Cross, Fate (AOR), and Silver Mountain.
Terry Date - Engineered one of my favorite Melodic Metal demos, Waxwing - Appetizer. With some serious Metal-cred producing Chastain, Fifth Angel, Overkill, and Liege Lord.
Max Norman - I'd go with him primarily for his stuff with 220 Volt and Loudness.

Why no one mentions Flemming Rasmussen?

Oops, I think I found a mention.

I'd have to say either Steve Albino or George Draculas.

Bill Metoyer - He did a lot of the old Metal Blade stuff, and I love Mentors as much as I love Omen, Fates Warning, and Tyrant.
Flemming Rassmussen - Obviously people know him for recording the best sounding Metallica LPs, but he was involved with engineering/producing Rainbow, Pretty Maids, Artillery, Brats (punk/metal band pre-Mercyful Fate) among other bands.
Henrik Lund - Another Danish producer, he's done stuff for Mercyful Fate, Witch Cross, Fate (AOR), and Silver Mountain.
Terry Date - Engineered one of my favorite Melodic Metal demos, Waxwing - Appetizer. With some serious Metal-cred producing Chastain, Fifth Angel, Overkill, and Liege Lord.
Max Norman - I'd go with him primarily for his stuff with 220 Volt and Loudness.
Do you honestly feel Flemming produced the best “sounding” Metallica records? To me, he helped produce the best written stuff, but not best sounding. No biggie, just curious.

Do you honestly feel Flemming produced the best “sounding” Metallica records? To me, he helped produce the best written stuff, but not best sounding. No biggie, just curious.
For me yes. I prefer the sound of Puppets annd RTL over the Black Album. The Black Album was made for a mid to slow tempo band and that production would be a mess for anything faster. But I don’t actually care for the guitar tone on the Black album. Drums and bass are good but the guitars are too hollow.

For me yes. I prefer the sound of Puppets annd RTL over the Black Album. The Black Album was made for a mid to slow tempo band and that production would be a mess for anything faster. But I don’t actually care for the guitar tone on the Black album. Drums and bass are good but the guitars are too hollow.
Got it

I detest most "modern" rock production, so yeah honestly.

Toss up between Fredrik Nordström and Mendel bij de Leij. Do I want classic melodic death metal or modern crushing stuff? Idk

Wait, you mean Justice is not the best sounding rhythm tone?

Back