It's a sad day...

• Thread starter Thread starter DanTravis62
  • Start date Start date
Nope, 2 of the fuses were blown with the original stock tubes (which all tested fine by the way), 4 of the blown fuses were after a brand new quad of mesa strs were installed, the standby not coming on is just the latest issue

But if it makes you feel better, yes, I've never had a tube amp before and I don't know how to replace and bias tubes, yeah that's totally it.
Doesn’t make me feel any better or worse. Carry on.

I had a 98 5150II thst I toured with for like 6 years . Never even changed a tube . Nothing broke . So I thought they were tanks

I had a 98 5150II thst I toured with for like 6 years . Never even changed a tube . Nothing broke . So I thought they were tanks
I would like to try a 5150ii.

I think you should be able to not worry about an amp messing up. I dont think it should be a feature. Should just be standard

Nope, 2 of the fuses were blown with the original stock tubes (which all tested fine by the way), 4 of the blown fuses were after a brand new quad of mesa strs were installed, the standby not coming on is just the latest issue

But if it makes you feel better, yes, I've never had a tube amp before and I don't know how to replace and bias tubes, yeah that's totally it.

Apologies, Dan.
Didn’t realize you had already tried that fix.

Hope the replacement Peavey treats you well for many years!

Question,
… coming from your Larry Dino incredible tightness, what are you boosting the 5150 with? 🤔

Apologies, Dan.
Didn’t realize you had already tried that fix.

Hope the replacement Peavey treats you well for many years!

Question,
… coming from your Larry Dino incredible tightness, what are you boosting the 5150 with? 🤔

I generally boost the 5150 with a KSR eros - it's a great combination buffer/boost with a full BMT eq and different clipping options

Yeah, new stuff is dicey. The 90s 2000s USA made era is what gave the reputation

Unfortunately, the 1992 original sounded fantastic - it is basically indistinguishable from a USA made block letter, which makes it even more infuriating

I am hoping the replacement amp actually gets opened up and fixed instead of sent to someone else as a "factory second" or 'minir blemish" amp, because there's something seriously wrong with it - If I had to guess, something about the RoHS ground next to the standby, or cold solder joints somewhere important. But while it's under warranty that isn't my job 🤷

And turning it off and back on 😠

It's a reissue of the original block letter.
trump-china-chynah.gif

I remember getting all sorts of comments from me saying I love them but they are so god damn unreliable. Sorry you’re dealing with this.

I remember getting all sorts of comments from me saying I love them but they are so god damn unreliable. Sorry you’re dealing with this.

I wish they were right and I was wrong, but unfortunately, this is pretty much exactly what I expected

It seriously went through fuses and tubes faster than my car goes through gasoline, if we're measuring by dollars per month

Back