It's weird that I hated Rectifiers for the first 23 years of their existence...

killertone

But since around 2015 I have loved them. So much fun to fuck with boosts and see which one works for this or that particular thing. Then there is the Rev this and Rev that etc. Anyway, I did this vid for the hell of it and had a lot of fun doing it

Last edited:
2015/16 is around the time I tried them again...and this time, I had a few boost pedals to use. They are killer amps, for sure. Earlier the better to my ears, but that can get spendy.
First time I owned one, was back in 06 with a single Recto. Didn't like it much, sold it quick. But, I was into the 'can't boost has to all come from the amp' phase. Thank god I moved on to the boost phase.

Nicely done. Preferred 1 and 4. Can see why the triple F is loved for metal- but I miss the mids. I like the brighter nature of the MW’s, but also love the harmonic richness from the dual F’s that I don’t hear in any other rectos

I feel ya. I didnt jive with them back in the day, but modern boosts can really tighten them up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 31
But since around 2015 I have loved them. So much fun to fuck with boosts and see which one works for this or that particular thing. Then there is the Rev this and Rev that etc. Anyway, I did this vid for the hell of it and had a lot of fun doing it

I thought Amp 1 sounded the best, before looking at the reveal.
How do you make your Clips so loud?

Awesome demo and playing! Amp 1 sounded the best in the mix! It's weird because when I listened to the guitar only tracks, I preferred amp 4. Just shows how well amp 1 sits in the mix!

Good job man. Relatable, from the 12 Rectos I've owned, while the Rev C sat the best in the live band mix (and everywhere else), of the ones that sounded like a Recto the best was the Dual (specifically, not the Triple) MultiWatt. It just had great mids on Orange / Modern.

2015/16 is around the time I tried them again...and this time, I had a few boost pedals to use. They are killer amps, for sure. Earlier the better to my ears, but that can get spendy.
First time I owned one, was back in 06 with a single Recto. Didn't like it much, sold it quick. But, I was into the 'can't boost has to all come from the amp' phase. Thank god I moved on to the boost phase.
Holy shit, are you me?? Haha

I had almost the same exact experience, and mindset. Single Recto, around ‘06, refused to use a boost. Hated that amp, but also probably didn’t know how to dial it in. Thankfully I’ve also moved over into the pro-boost camp. I haven’t tried another Recto yet, I’m pretty happy with the Marks.

Back