JAKE E LEE GIVES HEALTH UPDATE

• Thread starter Thread starter MetalHeart
  • Start date Start date
MetalHeart
MetalHeart
https://blabbermouth.net/news/jake-...-playing-guitar-again-and-wants-to-go-on-tour

ONE OF MY FAVORITE GUITARISTS Glad he is not done playing. No carpal tunnel!

Jake ...
"I did not. I thought I had carpal tunnel. I went to a neurologist, and they poked the needles in me and then zapped me. They said I had carpal tunnel. So then I made an appointment with a wrist surgeon, which took a while. I went there. She asked to see some X-rays, which nobody had ever done. She said, 'Well, before we talk about surgery…' She took X-rays, came back and said, 'You don't have carpal tunnel. You don't have it. If anybody had taken an X-ray of your wrist, they would have seen you don't have carpal tunnel.' And apparently I don't have any cartilage left in [my right] hand. She said I have very little in [my left hand], but [my left one] doesn't bother me. So it's all bone on bone, rubbing against each other, and that's agitating it. So, right now, I'm getting cortisone shots in the wrist — lots of fun — and physical therapy to get the muscles stronger around it, do a lot of stretching. It's about pain management now. It's either that or fuse the bones together, which I think Steve Morse did. And it will change your playing style. If you get this fused, now it's all elbow — maybe fingers, I guess. Then I'll get tennis elbow. So she said she recommends pain management. 'Let's see if we can get you playing without fusing the bones together,' which sounds pretty radical. And it is better. I am playing again. For four or five years, I just really didn't play that much, unless I had a song idea, which always happens when you're falling asleep. And then I pick the guitar up and put the idea down. So I do have a bunch of ideas. I've been playing. It doesn't hurt as much. I feel like everything's getting better, so I'm not gonna get surgery. I'm just not. I'm not, I'll learn how to play more from the elbow. But I still have that option with the wrist and manage the pain. But I am playing again — I have been for about two months maybe — and I wanna go out and do a tour. I wanna finish doing the 'Patina' tour, which got canceled because of COVID. I would like to go out and do that [with] RED DRAGON CARTEL, focus on the 'Patina' record and do some more recording. We'll see where that goes."

Ugh. Wrist fusion.
“hey bud, how to you want your hand to look after I’m done”?
Fusions in general suck but can stop pain. Where are Oscar Goldman and Dr Rudy Wells when we need them? 😏

Ugh. Wrist fusion.
“hey bud, how to you want your hand to look after I’m done”?
Fusions in general suck but can stop pain. Where are Oscar Goldman and Dr Rudy Wells when we need them? 😏
I've been watching that show again on peacock.

Didn’t he have issues with opioid/heroin addiction in the past? If so, hoping pain managaement doesn’t bring him down a bad road.

I've been watching that show again on peacock.
The real followers wouldn’t need the Oscar Goldman reference but we have an entire generation span here.
“Beep beep beep beep beep beep beep”

You know Steve was hammering Lindsey Wagner. He was like be careful with my pecker. It’s not bionic… don’t break it off “like a celery stalk”

They some dirty mother fuckers! I really dont how Zakk has put up with their evil ways:mad::mad:
Guy was basically a living puppy rescue. So grateful to have the shot and young enough to take whatever they offered. Sharon probably loves you when you never argue and just say yes all the time. Very easy to turn a blind eye to other’s suffering when your dreams are coming true.

The real followers wouldn’t need the Oscar Goldman reference but we have an entire generation span here.
“Beep beep beep beep beep beep beep”

You know Steve was hammering Lindsey Wagner. He was like be careful with my pecker. It’s not bionic… don’t break it off “like a celery stalk”
My wife is setting up for a knee replacement and as we walked out of her first appointment I said, I can’t wait for you to make the sound when you walk. 😂

I'm not sure it's really good news. No cartilage left at all may be worse than carpal tunnel because there's not much you can do about it.
I was thinking the same thing. Osteoarthritis is basically permanent joint degeneration, and the options for dealing with it tend to be just learning different ways to do things, and pain management. Carpel tunnel surgery has a high right of positive outcomes, including full recovery for most people. The other guitar player in a former band had surgery 8-9 years ago. It took the better part of 6 months to fully bounce back, but he can do everything he did before, and he's still going strong.

I'm glad at least that Jake knows what it is now, and has some options for treating it.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, he's a big drunk........which hasn't helped his ability to remain active like others his age and older.

maybe charvel will release a purple burst to help him him pay for whatever

The 1st 3 or 4 songs on the Badlands album are great. Great rock record that people don't know about.

I hope he gets back to near 100% health. I'd hate to see him heal up then get set back again. I thought his RDC band was just generic bar rock music, he doesn't need to do dazzling guitar gymnastics, but I wish the music was more interesting.

....certainly no Killer Of Giants thats for damn sure!

Back