JVM Owners Inside

• Thread starter Thread starter yngzaklynch
  • Start date Start date
to be honest with you guys, I haven't tried any valve to lower the gain... feel free to experiment. I'd start changing V2 to see if there is enough gain reduction.

>|<>QBB<
Santiall":5bfcb said:
to be honest with you guys, I haven't tried any valve to lower the gain... feel free to experiment. I'd start changing V2 to see if there is enough gain reduction.

Gain reduction?..........Blasphemy :hys:

That said, this is probably the first time that I have ever heard anyone wanting to reduce the gain from a Marshall!! Ya done good!!! :D

>|<>QBB<
Gainfreak":e38c4 said:
>|<>QBB<

Gain reduction?..........Blasphemy :hys:

That said, this is probably the first time that I have ever heard anyone wanting to reduce the gain from a Marshall!! Ya done good!!! :D

:hys:

>|<>QBB<
ejecta":1c959 said:
>|<>QBB<

Oh your right and thats what I do, I just like playing around with the tubes to see what it does. If I can knock it down a bit Im thinking it would make all the modes more useful to me.
Yeah there is more than enough gain in there! Though you might lose too much in the Crunch / Clean channels depending on the tube layout. Did you try the Clean channel set up like a plexi?

>|<>QBB<
Greazygeo":909fc said:
>|<>QBB<Yeah there is more than enough gain in there! Though you might lose too much in the Crunch / Clean channels depending on the tube layout. Did you try the Clean channel set up like a plexi?

Yeah I was thinking that there is a good chance that might happen so it may not work. But you never know till you try. Didnt get a chance to try the clean set up that way because I have an animation project on my plate right now that I need to turn on the side from my full time job. So times limited but next month I dont have anything scheduled so my income will drop a for next month but Im going to get alot of playing done! :D

>|<>QBB<
Santiall":e7722 said:
>|<>QBB<

yes, you may say that. I am the responsible of the switching delays, the pops, the low gain, lack of dynamics, the feedback... let's see what's next :lol:
Obviously there is a bunch of other colleagues in the drawing office, p. engineering, production etc etc making sure that the amps we design reach the customer and we are all very happy of the feedback we are having (of curse people's feedback, not the JVM feedback problem :lol: )
:lol: you're killing me!

This has to be a first ever in the history of amplification. People want want to swap tubes for LESS gain! What's the world coming to?

>|<>QBB<
danyeo":e5305 said:
This has to be a first ever in the history of amplification. People want want to swap tubes for LESS gain! What's the world coming to?

Want to wager a bet with names included who will say not enough gain :wink:

People have moved from Marshall to amps like Peaveys, Engls, Mesas, Bogner, VHTs, etc. not soley to have a different sounding amp, but for the shear amount of gain in those amps. Now those same people are trying to lower the gain from a Marshall. Oh the irony lol! :lol:

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":c54dc said:
>|<>QBB<

I'm sure I'll say the clean channel, green, doesn't have enough gain :)

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":477b6 said:
>|<>QBB<

Cork sniffers will hate it because it's PCB, and the core kiddies who tune down to the key of shit will call it old school. Usually though, people just bash stuff because they are angry at the size of their privates. :lol:

Ive never been into uber high gain and never said that I was. But that said, this amp has way too much gain.... period. Why me wanting to knock it down to where I make the full range more usable is funny I'll never know. :?

>|<>QBB<
ejecta":5ccbb said:
Ive never been into uber high gain and never said that I was. But that said, this amp has way too much gain.... period. Why me wanting to knock it down to where I make the full range more usable is funny I'll never know. :?

It's funny because it took Marshall over 20 + years to make a stock marshall that someone could say has to much gain!! Every Marshall that I have played since the late 70's has needed a pedal in front of it to get a decent amount of gain for metal. In my experiances, I would rather have to much then not enough !!

>|<>QBB<
Gainfreak":0fe82 said:
>|<>QBB<

It's funny because it took Marshall over 20 + years to make a stock marshall that someone could say has to much gain!! Every Marshall that I have played since the late 70's has needed a pedal in front of it to get a decent amount of gain for metal. In my experiances, I would rather have to much then not enough !!

Ohhhhh...... ok Im slow today sorry. :ops:

Back