Lari Basilio

• Thread starter Thread starter VonBonfire
  • Start date Start date
V
VonBonfire
I was kicking around some pickup demos and came across this player in a seymour duncan vid. I thought it was real melodic and clean playing. Dug through some more of her stuff. Really nice. Not my usual listening material but I was feeling some good soulfulness and joy in her playing. A lot of sweet leads. In a world of female youtube guitarists doing anything they can to get attention it was nice to come across someone who seems like they are all business and class.

she has her own Ibanez sig guitar too
Saw that. Looks pretty cool. Looks like she demos a lot of stuff for Duncan. Might have to check out a few demos of the bridge humbucker in her sig set if I can find some.

Reactions: rsm
Her playing has a certain ‘seasoned pro’ sound to it. Not overplaying but still interesting and very melodic.

The girl has tasty and fluid melodic style that’s easy to digest.

Really enjoy her clips

Man that is good stuff!!!! Her playing has this "immediate" and deliberate feel that really works. It is like where other people would lighten up on those parts and make them really soft, she does it differently but still sounds amazing.

Her SG sounded like my custom SG style guitar I used to have with an Lollar Imperial in the bridge. It sounded so close to that guitar.

I’ve found that a lot of the female shredder type guitarists are very stiff. Lari Basilio does not have that issue. She’s very emotive in her playing and you can really tell she’s enjoying herself.

She´s been kicking around for probably almost ten years by now. I first heard her in some big youtube jam where she schooled a lot of boring shredders, but she´s also done some albums and EPs and what not and has been touring a bit as well.

Rig-talk maybe isn´t the number one place for digging session musicians, but she has an amazing cast on her albums; Colaiuta, East, Sklar, Phillinganes...

Man that is good stuff!!!! Her playing has this "immediate" and deliberate feel that really works. It is like where other people would lighten up on those parts and make them really soft, she does it differently but still sounds amazing.
Agreed! She's so smooth but has that element of unpredictability in her playing. It's blowing me away. A lot of great tones in her arsenal as well.

Back