Lichtlaerm Audio Aesahaettr Modern Metal Boost Pedal - Hell yeah.

• Thread starter Thread starter napalmdeath
  • Start date Start date
Interested in what your other top 4 are?
My criteria for boosting a stock 800 are different than modern amps but here they are in no particular order:

1. Lichtlaerm Aesahaetter
2. Deadweald Duality DX
3. Fortin Hexdrive
4. Airis Savage Drive V3
5. Ibanez Super Tube STL

My criteria for boosting a stock 800 are different than modern amps but here they are in no particular order:

2. Deadweald Duality DX
3. Fortin Hexdrive
4. Airis Savage Drive V3
5. Ibanez Super Tube STL
I have a couple of the Duality but I need to try the Lichtlaerm. I've almost pulled the trigger twice but not sure whether to get the Aesahaetter or the King in Yellow.

I don't remember which version of the Savage drive I had but I feel like it was v2. I was using it with a Splawn Nitro and ended up selling in favor of a buxom boost.

I need to try the physical Hexdrive. I really liked it on the fortin neural plugins.

Anyone have any experience with the King in Yellow od?

Is it really that good of a TS variant? Can it dethrone my king of Marshall boosts the SD-1?

Is it really that good of a TS variant? Can it dethrone my king of Marshall boosts the SD-1?
I've not tried the King In Yellow, somebody who has commented, I believe.

I can tell you, the Aesahaettr dethroned the SD-1, that's what I was using.

To put into context, I'm boosting a Friedman Runt 50. It's very much like an 800, with a touch more gain, (but still not enough for metal).

The first run of the King in Yellow was out like a month ago and there didn't seem to be that many, so you may not get anybody that's actually had one.

2. Deadweald Duality DX
3. Fortin Hexdrive
4. Airis Savage Drive V3
5. Ibanez Super Tube STL

Been wanting to get a Deadweald Duality for over a year. Excited to see on their facebook page that apparently they're finally just about done fulfilling the waitlist so it'll hopefully be available to order on their site soon!

This is somewhat of a unique pedal, yet makes perfect sense. You want TIGHT low end? This thing allows you to dial your tone in with ultimate precision..

In a nutshell, you've got up to 35db of clean, transparent boost, and a cut knob to shelve the low end that is very usable. You can really hone in on that sweet spot vs. like, say, a 33 that just goes from slight cut to abrasive, to obnoxious clank. This has a great full-range sweep. And it cuts.

But, additionally, you've got a 4-band active EQ that's footswitchable as well, adding a whole new level of tone shaping. High mids, low mids, treble, and bass. ALL extremely effective. I'm impressed with this pedal. I believe they're made in Germany?? I got one on Reverb and it came from a dealer in Nashville. For $179, is an absolute fucking steal.

View attachment 232087
How good does it work with your SLO?

Been wanting to get a Deadweald Duality for over a year. Excited to see on their facebook page that apparently they're finally just about done fulfilling the waitlist so it'll hopefully be available to order on their site soon!
I highly recommend that pedal. Blue mode for modern amps, red mode for 800s, hardly use the green but it does sound great

It sounds great in clips. Does the eq side dial in pretty easily or is it touchy and prone to "getting away from you" so to speak?

I highly recommend that pedal. Blue mode for modern amps, red mode for 800s, hardly use the green but it does sound great

Killertone, may I ask, have you had a chance to try the Lichtlaerm King in Yellow yet? Still waiting on the Deadweald Duality DX becoming available and am currently looking at getting a new overdrive for my flyrig board. Cheers!

Killertone, may I ask, have you had a chance to try the Lichtlaerm King in Yellow yet? Still waiting on the Deadweald Duality DX becoming available and am currently looking at getting a new overdrive for my flyrig board. Cheers!
I have not used that one yet, unfortunately.

Back