Line 6 Helix?

• Thread starter Thread starter rsm
  • Start date Start date
Pretty much. That or a gameboy. :ROFLMAO: It's interesting to see how these chips use their narrow bus widths (16bit 12 samples in / 24 out in this case) to produce so many variations. Haven't looked deeper into the platform, but it would make sense to use more than one of them at a time in an asynchronous manner. Cheap, but effective. It uses even older DDR2 memory, which has even less latency and good, but is very limited to maximum memory saturation for an overall variety of samples at a given time. It's not going to go sentient on us any time soon :ROFLMAO:
You have any old gameboys laying around? I saw a video of someone sending the headphone outs into a bunch of pedals and doing loops.

You have any old gameboys laying around? I saw a video of someone sending the headphone outs into a bunch of pedals and doing loops.
I have every system since commodore laying around :ROFLMAO: When I was a kid, me and a friend made a serial interface using an old printer cable and broken cart to run between a midi controller and a NES to control the onboard synth in real time. Minutes, if not dozens of them, of fun

If it's specific use is only for this I would probably underclock the memory and decrease the CAS through the bios. But I'm a nerd and it doesn't appear necessary. Does it work with linux? May be able to get even less with closer to the metal drivers.
I think I would just need a plugin host on Linux that supports VST, VST3 or AU plugins; and iLok support? Not having any issues so far; and the computer was not expensive, it will be less work, and cheaper, to buy a new computer every 2-3 years with more performance.

We should create our own DSP interface.
DigiRig-Squawk

Reactions: rsm
We should create our own DSP interface.
DigiRig-Squawk
It would be great to have hardware VST Host with PatchWork and user loadable VST plugins, in a similar format to the HX Stomp / HX Stomp XL IMO.

My favorite plugin for guitar is PolyChromeDSP McRocklin Suite; if they put that in a hardware pedal, I'd buy it! I asked them about it, and they said no plans to do it, unfortunately.

With everything in a 2U rack soft case; I just have MIDI controller and a couple of pedals on the floor, really just need the expression pedal that connects to the MIDI controller, but this way I don't need to mess with the different volume and wah controls in each plugin:

IMG_0394.JPG

Back