local band with Amazing tone ..wasnt Diezel ,Boogie

gtr31

So I go out to see this local band last night they do a tone of covers .and ive got to tell ya im pretty impressed by his tone .he is always using a Marshall owned a Splawn.
anyhow I see that he has a rack case sitting on a mesa 2X12 with a one space Marsh all power amp ....thats it .WTF?? that cant be solid state at break I get a chance to talk with him and it is a Marshall 20/20 tube power amp .I tell him that his tone is kicking . he always has a midi switch on the floor so I think nothing off it . He laughs and says yeah it my new amp set up I have an engl behind the cab on the floor the Marshall is just for show ..he looks at me laughs again .
to make a long story short .he has a VOX Tonelab Se on the freaking floor instead of the midi switcher giving his tone .He says that he is completely Blown away with Feel ,Versitility and tone .
Now this guy has a sharp ear but man I swear if you saw a marshall head on the cab you would never know the diff it really was that goood .

So why would he have an Engl behind his cab, a marshall on the cab, and a tonelab on the floor? I can understand the Marshall thing, but why the Engl? It wasn't used?

Kinda hard to read the post...

Nwright

I tell him his tone is kicking ....

he laughs and tells me its is his new Setup ......keeps laughing .

he tells me he has a Engl hidden behind the can ...still laughing...

ill let someone else translate this for you from here

Wow, great job with the clarity on this one, buddy. Sometines, it helps to read what your posting before clicking on the "submit" button.

Interesting story though. I'd really like to try one of those ToneLabs!

Back