Looking at Bare Knuckle pickups

• Thread starter Thread starter homespun
  • Start date Start date
… Please do elaborate more specifically.
Pickup good. Me like. 😄

Mucho clarity. But it crushes V1. More and better gain than the Dimarzio.

I’ve got to adjust the height a bit as the low E and A are a bit boomer than the others. I’m going to mess with the screw heads, too.

I prefer Duncans. I definitely hear what I think people say is the clarity of BKP stuff, but to me they sound stringy and dry. Duncans just have more saturation to me, which I prefer.

I had a VHII in the bridge of my PRS CU24 for awhile. It was very, very articulate, had amazing clarity, was very open, and cleaned up very well when rolling the volume back. That being said, I tried and tried to gel with it, but I never could. It was the FEEL of it that I couldn’t get along with. It was very spongy. Playing it felt like when you are trying to walk through water, if that makes sense. It would give way too much when you picked hard and dug in, like it wasn’t immediate but delayed. That’s the only BK I’ve played.

Currently have Polymaths in a PRS CE and Silos in a PRS baritone. Worth the dough imo and both sets offer a different vibe. Juggernauts are great. I like the ceramic Black Hawk (had those in an Ibanez 121). The Ragnarok bridge is badass but the neck pickup was not for me. Impulse set is very neutral, kinda weird but maybe I didn’t tune low enough for it. I want to try the Aftermath in a 7 soon. They have a pickup for every style, all depends what you’re going for.

I liked the rebel yells a lot.
Don’t over look the crawler. Fantastic bridge pickup.

just chiming to say BK rules. I think I like the juggernauts the best all around but the Aftermath just totally slay in my LP for detuned aggression (the cleans suck lol)

Back