Lynch's Spec Guitars

• Thread starter Thread starter Kapo_Polenton
  • Start date Start date
You sure he said titanium saddles and not just titanium inserts? Those are only like $35.
What are e inserts? The little rectangle cubes between the string and saddle? Is that what he meant? Never even knew they made those?

What are e inserts? The little rectangle cubes between the string and saddle? Is that what he meant? Never even knew they made those?
If I remember the video correctly, it was just the inserts that hold the string into the saddle. Some company in Japan makes them and that's what most people carry. I have them in an Original Floyd in a Warmoth of mine.

If I remember the video correctly, it was just the inserts that hold the string into the saddle. Some company in Japan makes them and that's what most people carry. I have them in an Original Floyd in a Warmoth of mine.
I see FU-Tone makes them. I do have one cracked insert on my low E string on one Peavey HP I have. Maybe I should grab some?

I see FU-Tone makes them. I do have one cracked insert on my low E string on one Peavey HP I have. Maybe I should grab some?
You don't have to get titanium. You can get higher quality ones that an Original Floyd would use when cheaper licensed ones crack. However, if you wanna upgrade to titanium, go right ahead.

while at GIT in ‘95 the ESP Custom shop was on Sunset Blvd. A classmate from Germany took his carved skull guitar down there and had them make him a reg superstrat with the same neck profile etc…glow in the dark paint. He got it right as we were getting done with classes. It was $5k back then. He must be going off those custom shop prices. He obviously has the customer base so might as well take the $$$.
That was a cool shop - I was at GIT in 94. Had the shop do some mods to my Steinberger . I was in full Tj Helmrich/Garsed mode.
I wonder If we crossed paths - 94/95 -

That was a cool shop - I was at GIT in 94. Had the shop do some mods to my Steinberger . I was in full Tj Helmrich/Garsed mode.
I wonder If we crossed paths - 94/95 -
I started in April 95. That shop was cool. First time I stopped in there they had a whole wall of vintage stuff heading for Japan. Was cool watching them work in the back part behind the window.

Tj and Brett were both awesome.

You guys need to go to Panhead5 University to take a marketing class . It's no different than trying to get laid --you're not looking for the 99 that say no , your looking for the one that says yes . Somebody will buy his guitars at his price because HE built it not because the parts cost 300 bucks .

It may not be you but think about it.

Reactions: Geo
So, basically he had a bunch of guitar parts lying around that he didn't like or want and decided to assemble a guitar and charge 6k for it. lol

Lars is a painter ?
He actually is. He plays drums too, on the side. He's actually contemplated focusing his efforts on drums for years, and actually considered lessons at one point. But, he's just decided to fake it until he one day takes the training wheels off and learns the instrument.

You guys need to go to Panhead5 University to take a marketing class . It's no different than trying to get laid --you're not looking for the 99 that say no , your looking for the one that says yes . Somebody will buy his guitars at his price because HE built it not because the parts cost 300 bucks .
I certainly don't begrudge G.L. making/selling those guitars. Dude's gotta make $$$$$$.
But, I'm definitely part of the 99% that say "No."
BTW..., I dig my LTD "Burnt Tiger". Not built by Mr.Scary, but he designed it. Worth every $ I paid for it;
which was about 1/10 of a custom.

I was a big fan of George Lynch during the late 80s. Love his playing and his tone. Not sure about his guitar building skills.

Back