Machete #19

• Thread starter Thread starter steve_k
  • Start date Start date
Well I hope the Hotheads work for me in the Luxxtone build I have coming. I have had good luck with most of Wades pickups.

steve_k":34df2cct said:
fearhk213":34df2cct said:
fearhk213":34df2cct said:
Got the fiddle. As usual.....very nice. Haven't plugged it in yet though to check out the new MCP Hothead.

Well get to it then :gethim: :D

I don't like the Hothead. It's coming out as soon as I get around to it. The pick up is very dark, muddy and unresponsive to attack. I have an old Afwayu wind that Wade sent me a couple years ago. I got to snatch it out of the Rampage and it's going into the Luxxtone.

Steve
That stinks.

Well, I have always had good luck with Wade's stuff and this one strikes me as off, as compared to others. And, it was my choice. So, I am not in any way being an ass here, but speaking honestly. Not a big deal to another and drop in. There's not much soldering!

Steve
Me as well; I've had better luck with Wade's pickups than other manufactures. Probably just not the best match for the guitar. The Nasty in my Les Paul was one of my favorite combinations ever, but in one of my other guitars I couldn't get it out fast enough. That's just the nature of pickups unfortunately.

fearhk213":123uicmg said:
steve_k":123uicmg said:
Got the fiddle. As usual.....very nice. Haven't plugged it in yet though to check out the new MCP Hothead.

Well get to it then :gethim: :D

I don't like the Hothead. It's coming out as soon as I get around to it. The pick up is very dark, muddy and unresponsive to attack. I have an old Afwayu wind that Wade sent me a couple years ago. I got to snatch it out of the Rampage and it's going into the Luxxtone.

Steve
That stinks.

Well, I have always had good luck with Wade's stuff and this one strikes me as off, as compared to others. And, it was my choice. So, I am not in any way being an ass here, but speaking honestly. Not a big deal to another and drop in. There's not much soldering!

Steve
Me as well; I've had better luck with Wade's pickups than other manufactures. Probably just not the best match for the guitar. The Nasty in my Les Paul was one of my favorite combinations ever, but in one of my other guitars I couldn't get it out fast enough. That's just the nature of pickups unfortunately.

Yeah, agree with Frank. Haven't got around to changing it out yet, either and may not. Rather than start messing with it, I may let it go. I am pretty comfortable with the one's I have already and my EMG equipped guitars.

Well, let me retract the statement a bit about the MCP Hothead. I did blow this thing through a Wizard head yesterday and got happy really quick. I guess it just didn't take to the IIC+ settings I was dialed up on when I tried it out briefly. Ends up that it has a really nice and crisp pick attack on the top end and no weird mids thing happening. Trying to the think back on the Afwayu, the Hothead is probably about the same up top but a little more well rounded. It's also somewhat dependent on amp/settings I guess too. Should do well in all the Marshall vibe sort of amps.

Steve

steve_k":phw21kcu said:
Well, let me retract the statement a bit about the MCP Hothead. I did blow this thing through a Wizard head yesterday and got happy really quick. I guess it just didn't take to the IIC+ settings I was dialed up on when I tried it out briefly. Ends up that it has a really nice and crisp pick attack on the top end and no weird mids thing happening. Trying to the think back on the Afwayu, the Hothead is probably about the same up top but a little more well rounded. It's also somewhat dependent on amp/settings I guess too. Should do well in all the Marshall vibe sort of amps.

Steve

Steve,

Thanks!!! :thumbsup:

Back