Major Korean Guitar Factory Closing, Orders to be Processed in China

:|::QBB:
Digital Jams":71860 said:

Well this is true, so many guys buy guitars on looks that some of them will get burned pretty good.

It has been public that Ibanez and Peavey are made by this factory. If you are really paranoid PM me and I'll let you know a fuller list.

Chubtone":bcd38 said:
Plus in my store I run into all types. I have had quite a few people refuse to buy anything Chinese made, but they will buy Korean or Taiwanese made because they are "allies" or friendly.

That interesting since the South Korean Government subsidizes the company I work for's biggest competitor. We are trying to sell product in South Korea to compete, but the South Korean government is blocking us. Seems fair :( Some Allies :thumbsdown:

SgtThump":346ca said:

Ahhh, okay. I was just thinking about how the Vox AC30CC amps seem to be great and they're made in China.

They also still aren't exactly on the cheap side and have had a rather unflattering reliability rate, at least for a while. There are better examples.

Amps are a different subject all together. Skimping on quality on amps isn't always aparent, but guitars it is. That isn't to say Vox is bad, I am pretty happy with my Madison Divinity.

SgtThump":f9224 said:

Ahhh, okay. I was just thinking about how the Vox AC30CC amps seem to be great and they're made in China.

Vox had trouble with the AC30CC's when they first started production in China. They made the classic mistake, design change and manufacturing change in one move. So not only do you have design issues, but manufacturing issues from operators learning the process.

Vox has made a good deal of changes to their AC30CC amps since launch too:
1. Tremelo speed fix (2 resistor values changed)
2. Effect loop Cap was wrong value, was .22uF, should have been 2.2uF. This was the reason for the bass response loss on the effects loop
3. Speakers soldered in, they changed to connectors on the combos

I think celestions move of their most of their speakers to China is a better example. Also china has been doing electronics for a long time. Guitars are a much different process and require more "Skilled" labor. I think the transition will be more difficult.

MitchSchaft":232dd said:
Would this include Agile?

Kurt (is that right?) from Agile has never stated where his guitars are made, he's kept it a secret. I have a feeling he uses the same factory as the new epiphones (which we most likely will be switching to).

No, he came out with it a couple years back in the HC guitar forum. It's a factory in Korea. They had a website for it and everything.

Back