Mark IIC++ finally here

• Thread starter Thread starter Bram576
  • Start date Start date
Kinda sounds shitty to me, but that may just be the mic setup.

I like it. Sounds thicker than other C+’s. On another note, you’ll get vastly differing opinions on the tone in your clip based on what others think you paid for the amp. If you stated you got this for a steal at $1500 most would be falling over themselves offering the highest praise. “sounds amazing, there’s nothing else like it”. If you stated you paid a high premium for this thing, while posting the same clip, most responses would be along the lines of, “I’m not hearing $xxxx.xx worth of tone here. Nothing special. My 5150 which I paid $500 for sounds better.”

I like it. Sounds thicker than other C+’s. On another note, you’ll get vastly differing opinions on the tone in your clip based on what others think you paid for the amp. If you stated you got this for a steal at $1500 most would be falling over themselves offering the highest praise. “sounds amazing, there’s nothing else like it”. If you stated you paid a high premium for this thing, while posting the same clip, most responses would be along the lines of, “I’m not hearing $xxxx.xx worth of tone here. Nothing special. My 5150 which I paid $500 for sounds better.”
There's lots of opinion on this forum, but very few hard facts. This is certainly the latter.

A lot of what people are used to hearing is due to the way the geq it typically set up. This example is going to get a different response from people bc of how it is set.

Thanks, purposely dialed it in a bit bigger for mixing later… I like using subtractive eq more than additive. I’m still new and obviously learning how to dial in stuff mic wise but it seems like when you add a bunch of frequencies after the fact stuff can get sounding REAL phasey and weird.

I also lower 240hz on my Marks similar to how yours is set for in-the-room tones. I've tried the classic V and it always sounds too muddy and congested. Recorded it will really depend on a number of factors but I'll run mine a bit higher.

Last edited:

Back