Maxon OD808 vs. OD9 and ISP Decimator vs. Boss NS-2

• Thread starter Thread starter peterc52
  • Start date Start date
ericsabbath":41fmnkas said:
the new rocktron guitar silencer + hush in 1 one pedal sounds interesting
I have the 90's big blue hush pedal, though

I'm liking the MXR CAE Boost/Overdrive better than screamers

HEY!!!!!! So you're getting on alright with that MC-402...?? I'm still fighting mine - the OD section - you're giving me faith, good stuff.

V.

With Marshall type sounding amps, I prefer the OCD over a TS/808 for high gain boosting. The amp already has a nice cutting middy crunch, so adding a TS can get a little thin and brash sometimes. The OCD is thicker and smoother sounding, yet very aggressive.

D-Rock":cj0rkhwq said:
With Marshall type sounding amps, I prefer the OCD over a TS/808 for high gain boosting. The amp already has a nice cutting middy crunch, so adding a TS can get a little thin and brash sometimes. The OCD is thicker and smoother sounding, yet very aggressive.
+1 I like something more transparent and with less low end cut. The OCD is great. I also love the Barber Direct Drive

The Decimator is awesome, much better than the Boss gate. As for a good overdrive, check out the Keeley modded tubescreamers. I've tried a ton of overdrives but his TS-9 Plus mod is my favorite for boosting an already gainy amp because it keeps the bottom end more focused than most tubescreamer type overdrives. Price is about the same as the Maxon OD-9 too.

Back