Michael Landau w/ Raging Honkies- Namm '95

• Thread starter Thread starter mentoneman
  • Start date Start date
Does anyone have pics of his live rig? Pedalboard? I d love to see/hear an accurate description of his gear...

mike%20pedals.jpg

his pedals

mike%20amp.jpg

his amp/lexicon rack unit

traditionally he either used a huge stereo rack as heard in the tales from the buldge/i'm buzzed years

and currently he's scaled it way back going from a pedal on the floor->amp->mic that "dry" cab with 57-> aphex rack preamp->lexicon mpx200->either mono or stereo out to a marshall valvestate 1u rack stereo power amp.

but as of NAMM 07 he's ditching the 57/aphex and just using a bradshaw box to take a tap from the speaker out of his OD100 classic on the way to his drycab and feed his lexicon that way.

tyler, suhr, and fenders were his main axes but recently has been using sgs and les pauls....

and yes i am a big fan 8)

Thanks mang! Cool vid. He is a badass for sure!

Any reason why he uses an Arion chorus? I have one which i got for about £5. Seems odd to plug a cheap pedal into an OD100!

i just did some work on my tyler's action and it is playing like a dream these days.

the reason i wanted a tyler at all was landau and dan huff's tones.
and i waited patiently for 10 years!
and tylers do have a TONE that differs from other makers...woodier deeper warmer...but not mucky or dead.

people say they hate the headstock and the finishes are too weird, but i am so into everything about the tylers...the burning water maple neck with the unfinished body contour is just a dream guitar for me.

>|<>QBB<
Scott Ians Beard":cf870 said:
Any reason why he uses an Arion chorus? I have one which i got for about £5. Seems odd to plug a cheap pedal into an OD100!

i've had the ce-1, ce-2, tc chorus, eh small clone, and played most of the boutiques,
and the sch-1 is the one i keep.

Id listen to Landau if his Tone sucked, thy guy is just ridiculously good... Throw in how good his tone is and it just gets stupid...

Landau is the shit. Raging Honkies eminds me of my band. Not that Im anywhere near his skill level, but we have similar styles.

Sounds like he's usinga fuzz in a couple different spots too. :?

>|<>QBB<
carlygtr56":261b0 said:
>|<>QBB<

Pat, I have to get up some early Burning Water vid, where he used the load resisted (Holdsworth Harness) Marshall out to his rack, with the HK power amps.....and he ran a few pedals out front.
IMO, that's some of the best Strat tone I ever heard.

Upload that shit!!!! :D

whose ass do I have to kiss to get someone to upload a Raging Honky's album for me? :mrgreen:

any thoughts on the new album?

i wasn't super blown away by star spangled banner, but the clips i've heard of the new cd sounds good!

>|<>QBB<
mentoneman":af8dc said:
any thoughts on the new album?

i wasn't super blown away by star spangled banner, but the clips i've heard of the new cd sounds good!
Star Spangled Banner is one of my favorite CD's!!!!
I love the direction Landau is going in with his solo stuff.

>|<>QBB<
carlygtr56":dfc5b said:
>|<>QBB<

The new Live album? Great!!
Only thing I don't like too much with recent Mike, is all the tunes are slow.
... kinda droning tempo.

that's probably why i'm sorta "meh" about his nwer stuff on cd, but seeing him play live is just a great thing every time.

Landau, probably my favorite player. His new live album is killer, it´s mellower than Raging Honkies or Burning Water but he has amazing tone and playing.

I´m really turning into a fan boy here. He´s coming for a tour to Europe in April and I will see him on 2 consecutive (sp?) dates on that tour. To top it off, I have a Tyler SE HD Burning Water on the way :o :o :D

Back