More Malmsteen

• Thread starter Thread starter Exo-metal
  • Start date Start date
So I am watching that Toronto show again and there is zero doubt in my mind that Yngwie is the best shredder ever. Nobody has his presence, nobody can play in and around the song like he does, and the speed and that right picking hand are really hard for anyone to beat. Paul Gilbert was more precision machine gun on the picking but those guys just don't have that vocal quality to their playing in RAcer X like Malmsteen does. I know it is a constant echo or repeat here but Yngwie was untouchable. It's Hendrix- Van Halen - Yngwie. Those guys are the game changers. Everyone else is sauce on top of a good steak. They might even technically be better but they will never have been the package like 80's Yngwie.

"More" Malmsteen? Here you go:

images.jpg

Don't forget that he has perfect pitch so there is no doubt that adds tremendously to the musicality of his peak playing. That's something most of the "better" players don't possess. He practically can't NOT have great vibrato and bends!

So I am watching that Toronto show again and there is zero doubt in my mind that Yngwie is the best shredder ever. Nobody has his presence, nobody can play in and around the song like he does, and the speed and that right picking hand are really hard for anyone to beat. Paul Gilbert was more precision machine gun on the picking but those guys just don't have that vocal quality to their playing in RAcer X like Malmsteen does. I know it is a constant echo or repeat here but Yngwie was untouchable. It's Hendrix- Van Halen - Yngwie. Those guys are the game changers. Everyone else is sauce on top of a good steak. They might even technically be better but they will never have been the package like 80's Yngwie.
think i saw yngwie 5 times and racer x 7 times

racer x at their peak was incredible as a band and the dual harmony solos were just mindblowing, ala yngwie times 2!

but yjm started the whole shred shebang and his tone and persona was larger than life rock and roll world dominance whereas racer x was more the hottest guitar band on the LA club circuit.

Don’t know if anyone saw but Cesario Filho‘s YT channel is being shut down because of copyright infringement. Evidently Yngwie doesn’t like his channel. 🤣
Man, I saw that. So silly. He (or maybe it’s his wife) has gone on a spree leading to copyright strikes. Three and the YouTube channel is nuked. All the Youtubers most associated with tutorials on Yngwie’s playing style have either been hit with strikes or had to delist videos to prevent getting strikes. I don’t see how this actually benefits Yngwie. These guys are keeping people interested in his music.

Just a couple weeks ago I was astonished to find that Cerman is still out there to this day crafting cringe of the highest order.

This upload is just like 2 months old :LOL:

Is that guy trying to make some kind of joke?
I’ve never seen him before & the playing is horrible

Don’t know if anyone saw but Cesario Filho‘s YT channel is being shut down because of copyright infringement. Evidently Yngwie doesn’t like his channel. 🤣

Cesario sounds more like Yngwie in his prime than anyone else I've heard.

I think Becker is actually sort of sloppy....maybe it's just the godawful tone he used. Joe Stump is pretty good, but the stuff I've heard, I still think Yngwie is better.
Could be him being 15-19 in most of those clips... What could have been.

I think Becker is actually sort of sloppy....maybe it's just the godawful tone he used. Joe Stump is pretty good, but the stuff I've heard, I still think Yngwie is better.
In terms of being clean while retaining dynamics, aggression, feel, etc

IMO the only guy who did it better than 1985-1986 Yngwie was Paul Gilbert

Well, the only guy who's not a nobody lol

Anyone here who thinks he can keep up let him post it here. I've been working hard for a while now and he is light years and beyond...
He's "Far Beyond the Sun".

I saw him a few months ago and was a bucketlist moment.

Back