More than one of the same guitar (brand/model)?

• Thread starter Thread starter rsm
  • Start date Start date
Indeed! I have perpetual Strat gas. I don’t love each one I play and there are other appealing guitars out there, but a good strat goes a long way

I've gigged with two of essentially the same guitar (just tuning and pickup config differences) for the last ten years...found it more comfortable and frankly, I fucked up less vs changing scale or body shape every other song.

Reactions: rsm
Of course.

index.php

Yup...I do the same. Seems like many of us do.
I have 4 JP15s - 3 x 6 string, 1 x 7 string. Its the guitar that is the most comfortable for me to play.

There are few guitars (brands/models) I really like; because I really like them, I usually get more than one; different colors, but essentially the same guitar.

If one is good; more is better.

anyone else?
More guitars is always better than less.

I personally don't like to have 2 or more of the exact same thing. I have in the past and I ended up just picking a favorite while the other started collecting dust. The only pseudo duplicate I have now are 2 Strats and they have different fingerboards, different pickups and body woods and I still always reach for the one I like better.

I get having dupes though if you gig a lot and want a consistent sound and need backups. Zeegler, I salute you with the 3 identical SGs though! You didn't even want to try a different color? 😳

I have a a half dozen les Paul's, and jazzmasters and more than a few strats and teles but I still maintain different pickups, different tunings, different hardware / bridge types. Lots of overlap but nothing truly identical to anything else.

Never understood this. All different shapes here. Different tunings too

Last edited:
mmm guilty but I even have the same color lolol and obviously sd-1s too haha

Attachments

• IMG_8660.jpeg
    IMG_8660.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 24
I have several brands/guitars I like where I have more than one:

Ernie Ball Music Man Kaizen 6 - I have four in different colors, and want another. These are my current fav guitars.
Ernie Ball Music Man Majesty 6 - I only have one but plan to get another. Very versatile with the coil tap, boost, active/passive and piezo.
Jackson X Series Rhoads - I have three; I like the Duncan blackouts, and the FR specials are the only weak point; when needed I'll get steel insert blocks
Ibanez PS - I have two PS60, one PS120, one PS10 (and I just ordered my second; only come in black so no other options), and a knockoff of the purple cracked mirror. This is my fav hardtail, dual humbucker guitar. PS120 is great for the price, the PS10 is on another level. Killed any GAS for a Gibson solid body dual humbucker.

somebody-stop-me.gif

Back