More than one of the same guitar (brand/model)?

• Thread starter Thread starter rsm
  • Start date Start date
There are few guitars (brands/models) I really like; because I really like them, I usually get more than one; different colors, but essentially the same guitar.

If one is good; more is better.

anyone else?
I usually limit it at 2 though and try to stay away from the same model specifically because I like having same but different. A strat is always a strat - even if the specs conteadict each other.

For example, My 2 main 2 Fender Stratocasters consists of:
Fender Vintera 50's Stratocaster (2022)
Aluminum 42mm Nut
VegaTrem Bridge
Sear's Vault Locking Tuners
Alder body
Maple on Maple Glossed Neck
Actual 1954 Stratocaster wiring
Anodized Golden Pickguard
Seymour Duncan Eric Gales Pickups

Fender Player Deluxe Stratocaster (2004)
Actual Bone nut by Privvy
Gotoh VSVG Concept Trem Bridge
Stock Fender Vintage Tuners
Chambered Ash Body
Rosewood Fingerboard (Stripped neck)
Fender Wiring with push/push mini button for extra positions (aka Sex-Mex Wiring)
Seymour Duncan Jimi Hendarix pickups

OR

I have a Stock Fender Jason Isbell Telecaster which is roadworn Vintage re-issue MIM model - I have played alot of custom shop models, it blows them all away

And I also have a Fender Player Series Telecaster and its heavily modified, nothing like it, it consists of:
Tusq Black XL nut 43mm (wrong measurement, yet works better)
Babicz BLK Bridge
Black Fender Modern Locking Tuners
Alder Body with AAA Flamed Maple Top (laminated)
Maple half glossed/half matte neck
920D Modern Wiring with reverse controls
Glowing orange mirror pickguard
Seymour Duncan Pete Anderson pickups

Familiar shapes yet, totally different feels sounds and tones... crazy 🤪

Reactions: rsm
No, all mine are pretty different. I do have 2 Cobras. One Hollow and one solid with piezo bridge, different switching.
Two SG’s but completely different. The rest are all pretty different.

Superstrats....Charvels, Jackson USAs. Had a few Hamer USAs, and Ibanez RG 550s back in the day.

It tends to be a revolving door, but I usually have multiples of Suhrs and Gibsons

dRXxRM.jpeg

6DYjfe.jpeg

I also have many one-off guitars = guitars I like but only need one. Some of these are guitars I was into at one time (e.g., I had around 7-8 Rics, now down to one guitar (330-6 in Fireglo, and 4003 bass in Fireglo).

Only need one Strat, and one Jag (down from 3)...

I also have many one-off guitars = guitars I like but only need one. Some of these are guitars I was into at one time (e.g., I had around 7-8 Rics, now down to one guitar (330-6 in Fireglo, and 4003 bass in Fireglo).

Only need one Strat, and one Jag (down from 3)...
Yes, only have 2 "main" strats, the other strats I don't really care about lol, 2 typical standard type of teles, 2 Les Paul - well one actually but I consider the Esp LTD EC1000 as a LP clone in some ways.

Typically I get a guitar and decide I want a backup of it, but never the same exact model. Just because I want people to see I have different stuff lol

Yes, I collect Ibanez RGD2120Z series guitars.
And I always had an identical backup guitar for when I played live.
Love seeing everyone's wall of the same model!

At my core I'm a Les Paul and Strat dude. If I were a famous gigging musician, I'd have probably five Les Paul Standards and five Professional II Stratocasters, different colors and pickups.

At my core I'm a Les Paul and Strat dude. If I were a famous gigging musician, I'd have probably five Les Paul Standards and five Professional II Stratocasters, different colors and pickups.
I used to tour, now I just play at churches, I have around 30 guitars in our guest room closet alone but I cycle them weekly so they all get played

EBMM Kaizen, Majesty; Ibanez PS; Jackson Rhoads for me.

New Ibanez PS10 on the way; one more Majesty planned.

Not exact for me, but similar.

Strats:
HSS Strat - small frets, low output pickups, floating trem
SSS YJM Strat - hot pickups, "metal vintage"
HSS hardtail Strat - high output modern voiced pickups, jumbo frets

Telecasters:
SS Tele - vintage pickups
HH Tele w/ 24 frets - modern high output pickups

But two actually identical guitars just to have? How would you not immediately pick a favorite and just ignore the other one unless as a backup?

Last edited:
Any experience with the newish Chinese made iceman?
Played one in GC with the mock flying fingers.
I was very surprised how good it felt and sounded.

I have a pair of original flying fingers in my 78 Ibanez Artist

The imitations weren't to far off the mark

Same here. I’ve got 3 Shawn Lane Vigier guitars, absolutely hands down, the best guitars I’ve ever played… I have a ton of guitars, but there’s something about those in particular

Suhr

Different models and wood combinations

Haven’t made time for a vanity shot since I got a Thornley

I stick with mostly the same brands, but different models of those brands' guitars.

Back