MTB cycling

• Thread starter Thread starter Artjr
  • Start date Start date
I just did my fastest lap through my local trails!
20240714_175418.jpg

I did a 12 mile ride over the weekend and went OTB twice. Once was when I messed up the approach to a boardwalk section and went off the side, but I bailed properly and saved it. The other was on a technical climb where I got caught on a rock. It was kinda funny. I fell forward and caught myself, only to have my bike sticking straight up in the air with tire spinning. It was a whole ten seconds after I got up that another rider came up on me and cleared that section. Had he been maybe 30 seconds sooner he would have caught me face first in the dirt with my bike sticking out of my ass like some kinda pervert.

Sooner or later I'll get the hang of climbing steps.
20240921_150702.jpg

Night ride last night...

It was a blast. It was a group of 8 riders. We had plenty of light on us, but some sections were still scary...

20241002_200152.jpg

Screenshot_20241003_072753_AllTrails~2.jpg

I found a bubble in my tire right before my ride Thursday. I am due for new tires anyways, so I put some Surly Dirt Wizards that I had laying around on today. They're a little to aggressive for most of the trails around here, but I had them already.
20241003_171023.jpg
20241005_155648.jpg

I found a bubble in my tire right before my ride Thursday. I am due for new tires anyways, so I put some Surly Dirt Wizards that I had laying around on today. They're a little to aggressive for most of the trails around here, but I had them already.View attachment 350333View attachment 350339
nice, i dig the wiseco pistons sticker as well

i need some of those to power my cardio up

I'm out riding the other day and thinking my front end is pushing. Finally realized I was losing air and had a couple miles left and it was finally too flat to make it.

Busted out this nozzle and canister that has been in the tool bag for 6 years and never been used, stoked to say it worked great and I got out without having to walk the bike.

Killer, if you don't have one, get one!

nitro cartridge.jpg

nice, i dig the wiseco pistons sticker as well

i need some of those to power my cardio up
Haha. I work at Wiseco. I like to bike to work and line my bicycle up with all the motorcycles along the side of the building. I figure the Wiseco sticker helps it blend in better.

Did a night ride with my friend last Sunday, he has some medical issues so he rides a full assist e-bike. I'm on my Scott Spark. Nothing fancy or technical. I'm in front. Night riding is fun...

Back