My 59 Burst Gary Moore Tribute finally done!

bikerdude2

Well, almost. Knobs, back and jack plate..small things. But it sounds killer! And no worries about dinging it up at a gig! I know most here aren’t into the relic thing, so posting this for the guys who followed my earlier thread on this

Attachments

• 551626AF-CF86-4FCD-AC62-5E4A4EDCC148.jpeg
    551626AF-CF86-4FCD-AC62-5E4A4EDCC148.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 159
  • D37D0D13-378A-4AE1-A07D-823FC93D9E40.jpeg
    D37D0D13-378A-4AE1-A07D-823FC93D9E40.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 151
  • 48CA562B-62BF-4ACD-A7F4-491BC06C3F21.jpeg
    48CA562B-62BF-4ACD-A7F4-491BC06C3F21.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 151
  • C319E891-DDD2-4A4A-9B71-B2D9B421323C.jpeg
    C319E891-DDD2-4A4A-9B71-B2D9B421323C.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 149
  • 18052E93-E1B2-448D-818A-D6E4157D3A76.jpeg
    18052E93-E1B2-448D-818A-D6E4157D3A76.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 167
I couldn’t imagine! That guitar has such a killer history! Lucky bastard!
The guy had his 58 as well. It was at the Philly Guitar show in the early 2000’s. My friend is a big vintage LP nut (has a few himself) and knew the guy who had them. So of course I got to tag along. What’s even funnier is that the high E string from the 59 Moore LP was sent to another friend of mine at the time. That guy owns a few original 59 LP’s too. Again, I got lucky to be involved because of my friend.
Back in 2005 I was at the Dallas guitar show and was staying at a friends house and he had a bunch of guys over with original 57’s, 58’s, 59’s and 60 LP’s. There was a few million worth of guitars in that house. It was carte Blanche as to which LP anyone wanted to play. I remember a 58 LP that was stored under a bed for 30+ years. Didn’t fade at all. A few people thought it was a new reissue. 🤣. Sorry for the rant. Just brought up some neat memories. Enjoy your guitar. Looks great.

The guy had his 58 as well. It was at the Philly Guitar show in the early 2000’s. My friend is a big vintage LP nut (has a few himself) and knew the guy who had them. So of course I got to tag along. What’s even funnier is that the high E string from the 59 Moore LP was sent to another friend of mine at the time. That guy owns a few original 59 LP’s too. Again, I got lucky to be involved because of my friend.
Back in 2005 I was at the Dallas guitar show and was staying at a friends house and he had a bunch of guys over with original 57’s, 58’s, 59’s and 60 LP’s. There was a few million worth of guitars in that house. It was carte Blanche as to which LP anyone wanted to play. I remember a 58 LP that was stored under a bed for 30+ years. Didn’t fade at all. A few people thought it was a new reissue. 🤣. Sorry for the rant. Just brought up some neat memories. Enjoy your guitar. Looks great.
That’s pretty F’ing cool! Not many people can clean they played that many vintage LPs!

Bit off topic but do you guys know what pedals he was rocking in the later years? Always had a great crunchy tone. I remember watching a clip and feeling like i saw a digitech bad monkey on the floor and thought could this really be?? Some mid 80's vid I saw had him kicking in a DS-1. I guess the common denominator was always Marshall + boost.

That guitar looks awesome btw.. I dig a nice relic!

Bit off topic but do you guys know what pedals he was rocking in the later years? Always had a great crunchy tone. I remember watching a clip and feeling like i saw a digitech bad monkey on the floor and thought could this really be?? Some mid 80's vid I saw had him kicking in a DS-1. I guess the common denominator was always Marshall + boost.

The only pedal I remember him using was the Marshall governor pedal around the still got the blues era. He def seemed to like his pedals.

The only pedal I remember him using was the Marshall governor pedal around the still got the blues era. He def seemed to like his pedals.

Good sounding pedal, have a Korean 90's version and once dialed in right, sounds great with a Marshall. I did find a few photos of his board around 2009/2010 and the bad monkey is there along with a TS.

He used the Marshall Guv’nor with the crunch channel of the Soldano SLO, not a Marshall AFAIK.

Well, almost. Knobs, back and jack plate..small things. But it sounds killer! And no worries about dinging it up at a gig! I know most here aren’t into the relic thing, so posting this for the guys who followed my earlier thread on this
Guitar looks really awesome. Needs some pickups covers to look like Greeny.

He really liked the Bad Monkey and had it on his board till the end.

Back