My last missing Joe Holmes Tone Secret - Pre Rola Greenbacks

• Thread starter Thread starter EddyLenz
  • Start date Start date
Nope, but as long as they still have Pulsonic cones, the 72/3 shouldn't sound different compared to 69/70, right?
Exactly. I still have 2 pre-Rola G12H30's 55Hz cones from April and June '70, and kept them mostly for the added beef they bring, but I had a Rola Pulsonic cone (75Hz version) from '73 IIRC and that one sounded mighty awesome too. If I did more classic rock stuff in the vein of Kossoff with that upper mid crunch, but enough smoothness, that would've been the speaker to keep, but I sold it years ago.
Also had two Greybacks with RIC cones, now those sounded noticably less 'juicy' and 'gooey' and a bit less character-ful. See picture (paired inside my Marshall 1966B 2x12 cab)

Attachments

• Celestion G12H30s in 1966Ba.jpg
    Celestion G12H30s in 1966Ba.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 26
Great as always , I still want you to build me a copy of Dino’s Marshall from Fear Factor . Just lmk

So something interesting I noticed while looking at photos of Fork and planning a tribute build and figured this tribute to Joe Holmes gear OCD was the best place to post it lol

I think the bridge J80 may be a covered model with the cover removed. I noticed the bridge pickup has 2 slug coils instead of a screw and a slug coil. Below are a couple photos pulled from elsewhere on the site

fork.jpeg

fork-bridge.jpeg

So something interesting I noticed while looking at photos of Fork and planning a tribute build and figured this tribute to Joe Holmes gear OCD was the best place to post it lol

I think the bridge J80 may be a covered model with the cover removed. I noticed the bridge pickup has 2 slug coils instead of a screw and a slug coil. Below are a couple photos pulled from elsewhere on the site

View attachment 329295
View attachment 329298
The Fork J-80 was also modded by Dan Armstrong.

@EddyLenz so is the clip both channels jumpered with both additional gain stages engaged and the PCM41 boosting in the pre-cathode follower loop? Just trying to get a feel for what all is engaged here as I can't make it out in the video lol

Back