NAD - Engl Gigmaster 15 Clip added!!!!!

I really like your writing/production big but not cluttered multitones track and parts. Rhythms also really creative, really really good.*

Love how the tones are focused to the part, like the legato fluid lead tone on the clip.

I didn't know the amp was a hybrid BUT I couldn't tell by the clips.

The cool rhythm voicings on the first clip are a tad rounder/warmer/better IMO but you are getting a LOT out of that little head.

I totally agree that input gain is a great thing and think that EVERY tube amp should have it- it just sets the stage for everything else in the amp and maximizes the potential.

* Also - sounds good and WARM even thru 'phones on the internet! What interface / DAW may I ask ?
Good luck with your music .

nsaneguitar01":7qy2y7w7 said:
Hey there, I'm thinking of buying this amp. But I wonder the gain capacity of this little beast, so can u please make a clip with the gain maxed out if u can or have the time. Thanks...

I will try to get to a clip with Gain maxed, but I can assure it, it has all the gain I think any sane, and slightly not sane person could need. tons on tap, specially with humbuckers.

The clean channel can get a nice breakup as well, a different rounder breakup, very nice for bluesy type stuff imo.

I updated, and upgraded all of the tubes, and I am pretty darn happy with this amp! Really enjoying it still. As mentioned before, my only real complaint is the shared EQ. When switching from clean to lead, I feel that I would want to eq the sound slightly different. This is only an issue for live really, as when you record, you can make adjustments.

I really like how rolling off the guitar volume sounds on the lead channel as well. Very usuable. Took some experimenting on preamp tube to find what I like best in this amp, really changed the sound, but my old faithful tungsol is what is in there now. I have gold lions in the power section.

robertkoa":1s62ylkl said:
* Also - sounds good and WARM even thru 'phones on the internet! What interface / DAW may I ask ?
Good luck with your music .

Thanks for the comments! I am using Pro Tools LE, but its more of a souped up LE 002, bypassing the 002 and using a better converter. I used a heil PR30 and a Shure SM7 mics blended, going into a universal audio pre.

It has really tons of gain and sustain for rhythm but a boost pedal might help for a strong lead sound I guess, right? Thanks a lot man, really appreciate it...

nsaneguitar01":368jq6jr said:
It has really tons of gain and sustain for rhythm but a boost pedal might help for a strong lead sound I guess, right? Thanks a lot man, really appreciate it...

I have no need for a pedal to do lead sounds. It also has a mid boost feature that if you want, can help thicken up your lead sound on the fly. My only wish would be for separate EQ on each channel.

Back