NAD: Fryette Deliverance 120

• Thread starter Thread starter LunatiBSW
  • Start date Start date
LunatiBSW
LunatiBSW
Finally got this beast last week.
I ordered it off the last masterbuild run, they added me on.
Also had to wait on a transformer.
They said it means the head engineer builds the whole amp start to finish, takes his time, mojo....
Funny, I wasn’t thrilled at first.
But I f*ing love this thing now. This voicing took me a min to get used to.
Brutal, huge, open, uncompressed.
Takes my favorite boosts amazing, and I do like it best boosted.
I like it with my uberkab and Friedman cab the best so far.
After a few days to really play it, it sounds great and different than the amps I currently have.
May be a keeper...

hrjQzuRl.jpg

Nice man, you’ve had quite the run of amps lately. Which boost works best in your opinion?

If you decide to unload it at some point let me know and we may be able to get it done locally. Is this your first Fryette?

Nice dude! There is a new old stock VHT 60w Deliverance at the local shop here that I got to test drive once. Ended up going for other amps but didn't think to throw a boost in front of it. Congrats! Looking forward to some clips!

Nice! One of my favorites, great amp. I do dig the 60 a little more, it's more modded Marshall than the 120. They're different enough to warrant owning both....I had my last D60 dialed in almost exactly like the SLO I had at the time..
:rock:

One of THE greatest ampsnof all time. Congrats. I’ll take the 120 over the 60 every time.

I think this is the second post (first was on a different site) suggesting some kind of "Custom Shop" for lack of a better word from Fryette/VHT? Are there any links like maybe a facebook group? I see nothing on their website, and I'd be curious just to see what they got out there.

JerEvil":1ddm00mp said:
One of THE greatest ampsnof all time. Congrats. I’ll take the 120 over the 60 every time.

Agreed the 120 i had was amazing. Never should have sold it, got it for $800 shipped.

One thing to add is, try the amp with the gain up high, and then be amazed at how it will clean up by using your guitar's volume...no other amp I've played cleans up with the guitar volume as well as the Deliverance.

moltenmetalburn":3s6zf17a said:
JerEvil":3s6zf17a said:

Agreed the 120 i had was amazing. Never should have sold it, got it for $800 shipped.
Yeah I got mine for $950 out the door brand new from GC years ago. Miss that amp something fierce.

JerEvil":id48lpex said:
moltenmetalburn":id48lpex said:
JerEvil":id48lpex said:

Yeah I got mine for $950 out the door brand new from GC years ago. Miss that amp something fierce.
The 120 has the modern thing going on vs the modded Marshall-ish tone of the 60. I'll always say the best tone for the dollar used has to be the Deliverance.

For anyone interested here's a 120 for 1K..

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Fryet ... mp-Head.gc

DeathbyButterslax":2kmjgoea said:
Nice man, you’ve had quite the run of amps lately. Which boost works best in your opinion?

Yeah may be letting one or 2 go after they all come in.
So far with the d120, I think I’m likeing the JHS mod on my JHS bonsai.
For a little tighter tones, the VFE standout is the other choice.
Depends on flavor I want.

lockingtuner":2kmjgoea said:
If you decide to unload it at some point let me know and we may be able to get it done locally. Is this your first Fryette?

I will for sure, it’s my second. I’ve had a vht 50 cL with eq before.
Both pretty badass.

errrrrl":2kmjgoea said:
Nice dude! There is a new old stock VHT 60w Deliverance at the local shop here that I got to test drive once. Ended up going for other amps but didn't think to throw a boost in front of it. Congrats! Looking forward to some clips!

Thanks!
Go boost it, you may be pleasantly surprised. Took my ears a bit to get use to it though.

MetalHeadMike":2kmjgoea said:

Thanks dude, you should try the 120!

Racerxrated":2kmjgoea said:
Nice! One of my favorites, great amp. I do dig the 60 a little more, it's more modded Marshall than the 120. They're different enough to warrant owning both....I had my last D60 dialed in almost exactly like the SLO I had at the time..
:rock:

Thanks bud, I’ve heard the 60 and 120 were different enough.
That’s cool with the slo, I played one for a bit also. They both have that hugeness to them.

JerEvil":2kmjgoea said:

Thanks dude, the 120 is more my speed for sure.

jco5055":21tvag3m said:
I think this is the second post (first was on a different site) suggesting some kind of "Custom Shop" for lack of a better word from Fryette/VHT? Are there any links like maybe a facebook group? I see nothing on their website, and I'd be curious just to see what they got out there.

I just saw they were doing a (10) run, masterbuild series of the d120.
They don’t normally list the deliverance on the site, so it was a “custom run” because they also included the Fx loop.
They announce stuff on their Facebook and website it looks like. I saw my bud Justin (uberschallEL34) post about it, or I would have missed it. They actually added me on, so I was 11. But I had to wait on some parts (transformer). They’re a small team, so the wait was worth it. This amp is very cool.

moltenmetalburn":21tvag3m said:
JerEvil":21tvag3m said:

That’s a stupid crazy deal. This amp must just be a sleeper, seems worth it’s weight for sure. And this amp sounds Massive!!

mhenson42":21tvag3m said:
:thumbsup: Looks awesome! Glad your liking it now

Thanks Matt! Me too, now go snag you one!
I gave it more time because of your strong like for Fryette.
Glad I did.

moltenmetalburn":21tvag3m said:

Damn, that’s insane for new. Shoulda held onto it for principle alone haha.

Redneckstomp":21tvag3m said:
Can you tell me how much did you paid?

They were doing 15% off for Black Friday and free shipping.
So I got it for $2125 shipped brand new, and built by the head engineer only, played and signed off by Steve Fryette. I believe they were $2500 normal from Fryette website

Nice

I've been going for kind of a Hiwatt thing on mine lately and using a Fulldrive if I want more. Lately I have been using LESS more often on the more/less switch. Sounds pretty close to the WHO.

O'clock....

Gain I - 1
Gain II - 10
More
Master - 9
Treble - 1
Middle - 11-12
Bass - 1
Presence - 1
Depth - 1

Gain I - 10 -11
Gain II - Full
Less
Master - 9
Treble - 2
Middle - 12
Bass - 1
Presence - 3
Depth - 1

LunatiBSW":3k70raxk said:
lockingtuner":3k70raxk said:

I will for sure, it’s my second. I’ve had a vht 50 cL with eq before.
Both pretty badass.

Cool, man, thanks. And enjoy! Please let us know how the relationship develops. It seems like you've got pretty good taste in heavy tones.

LunatiBSW":38eq58za said:
jco5055":38eq58za said:

I just saw they were doing a (10) run, masterbuild series of the d120.
They don’t normally list the deliverance on the site, so it was a “custom run” because they also included the Fx loop.
They announce stuff on their Facebook and website it looks like. I saw my bud Justin (uberschallEL34) post about it, or I would have missed it. They actually added me on, so I was 11. But I had to wait on some parts (transformer). They’re a small team, so the wait was worth it. This amp is very cool.

Thanks! I doubt I'll be getting any new gear for years at this point, but I signed up for their newsletter cuz why not haha?

I prefer the 60 but LOVE the Deliverance either way.

In my opinion if you want to be fully mind-blown, put it through a Deliverance 4x12.

Back