NAD: Fryette Deliverance 120

• Thread starter Thread starter LunatiBSW
  • Start date Start date
Congrats :cheers:

That's a bucketlist amp right there. Enjoy!

Bob Savage":15l8obuh said:
I prefer the 60 but LOVE the Deliverance either way.

In my opinion if you want to be fully mind-blown, put it through a Deliverance 4x12.

I’m Actually selling a couple cabs to get a new Fane loaded Fryette FB 4x12

LunatiBSW":2whllu92 said:
Bob Savage":2whllu92 said:

In my opinion if you want to be fully mind-blown, put it through a Deliverance 4x12.

:thumbsup:

did you email that guy?

LunatiBSW":2b4gepol said:

It's all subjective but I expect you'll be blown away.

stephen sawall":2l2qdhvi said:
Nice

I've been going for kind of a Hiwatt thing on mine lately and using a Fulldrive if I want more. Lately I have been using LESS more often on the more/less switch. Sounds pretty close to the WHO.

O'clock....

Gain I - 1
Gain II - 10
More
Master - 9
Treble - 1
Middle - 11-12
Bass - 1
Presence - 1
Depth - 1

Gain I - 10 -11
Gain II - Full
Less
Master - 9
Treble - 2
Middle - 12
Bass - 1
Presence - 3
Depth - 1

Quite a bright sound you got going there. I turn Gain I to the max to get a fatter tone. But I use Greenbacks in the D412 which are brighter than p50Es.

mhenson42":12iafngi said:
LunatiBSW":12iafngi said:
Bob Savage":12iafngi said:

:thumbsup:

did you email that guy?

I’m seeing if I can’t offload a couple 4x12s local first.
But may end up just pulling the trigger before. It would be nice to a/b them all in the room.

LunatiBSW":33ty0nbb said:
Bob Savage":33ty0nbb said:

I'd go with the Deliverance 412 over the FatBottom, but just IME, YMMV. The D is tighter.

By the way, the D120 is by far one of the deadliest amps on the planet. It fucking SLAYS.

Congrats!!
Mo

Ventura":3a5n4xnn said:
The D is tighter.

Mo

The FB is tighter and more focused than the D cab. I’ve owned both.

From Fryette description of the D cab....
“...specialized tuning of the Deliverance enclosure to produce a somewhat loose “old-school” feel with a pleasing omni-directional dispersion quality”

While the FB description says...
“Modern, focused 412 cabinet with tight low-end and articulate midrange”

Interesting how much more focused the bass is with a Fryette 4x12.

Vin Diezel":scn4lmwz said:
stephen sawall":scn4lmwz said:
Nice

I've been going for kind of a Hiwatt thing on mine lately and using a Fulldrive if I want more. Lately I have been using LESS more often on the more/less switch. Sounds pretty close to the WHO.

O'clock....

Gain I - 1
Gain II - 10
More
Master - 9
Treble - 1
Middle - 11-12
Bass - 1
Presence - 1
Depth - 1

Gain I - 10 -11
Gain II - Full
Less
Master - 9
Treble - 2
Middle - 12
Bass - 1
Presence - 3
Depth - 1

Quite a bright sound you got going there. I turn Gain I to the max to get a fatter tone. But I use Greenbacks in the D412 which are brighter than p50Es.

I've been going after a faster attack, more punch, brighter sound the last few years.

I always see new topics on Fryette/VHT posted every now and then.... i be also recieving my D120H masterbuild after getting a confirmation on the amp being due for shipping....

But will the op kindly run me thru what is expected of for this D120H masterbuild ? Other than the switchable loops added on ? And am i expecting a footswitch coming along with this amp considering its a notch higher priced than a regular D120H ?

hopkinWFG":24s8sw5c said:
I always see new topics on Fryette/VHT posted every now and then.... i be also recieving my D120H masterbuild after getting a confirmation on the amp being due for shipping....

But will the op kindly run me thru what is expected of for this D120H masterbuild ? Other than the switchable loops added on ? And am i expecting a footswitch coming along with this amp considering its a notch higher priced than a regular D120H ?

No fs. The masterbuild has the loop and loop switches included, and is built by the head engineer from start to finish.

mhenson42":3i4pav5m said:
Ventura":3i4pav5m said:
The D is tighter.

Mo

“...specialized tuning of the Deliverance enclosure to produce a somewhat loose “old-school” feel with a pleasing omni-directional dispersion quality”

Tone's subjective - and I've owned both too. I think what I like about the D412 is that the bass is huge and all-surround, but doesn't flub. The FB is laser-beam sonics, still a great cab, but doesn't fill the room as well as the D412. I've gone down both roads, and when it came to bass response and spectrum, the D412 won. But hey, to each their own.

So long as everyone's happy playing what their playing :rock: :thumbsup:

LunatiBSW":a1780sjq said:
hopkinWFG":a1780sjq said:

No fs. The masterbuild has the loop and loop switches included, and is built by the head engineer from start to finish.

Cool thanks for info :)

dirtyfunkg":zembrs6x said:
Such a TGP style tan pants gear debate cop-out.
Dude, a "cop-out" would imply some kinda dick waving he's right, he's wrong battle of the uber-subjective. I don't touch TGP because of the tight-ass ninnies over there, even though there are a couple cool cats, it's this place I hang. I have no bones to pick with you personally, it's just kinda weird that while you're tugging on my nuts about my recommendation on the D412 over the FB412, it just comes down to personal preference and choice. I've played both and if you search - I'm a Fryette cab fanboi - I love 'em and think they're highly underrated for what they offer. But the D412 gives more bass, and throttle punches on palm mutes, and fills the room. The FB is linear and focused, it's beamy. I've had a FB flub and woof out on me, I've never had a D412 do that.

I don't wear tan pants, Holmes.
Peace

Ventura":1810mazd said:
dirtyfunkg":1810mazd said:
Such a TGP style tan pants gear debate cop-out.
Dude, a "cop-out" would imply some kinda dick waving he's right, he's wrong battle of the uber-subjective. I don't touch TGP because of the tight-ass ninnies over there, even though there are a couple cool cats, it's this place I hang. I have no bones to pick with you personally, it's just kinda weird that while you're tugging on my nuts about my recommendation on the D412 over the FB412, it just comes down to personal preference and choice. I've played both and if you search - I'm a Fryette cab fanboi - I love 'em and think they're highly underrated for what they offer. But the D412 gives more bass, and throttle punches on palm mutes, and fills the room. The FB is linear and focused, it's beamy. I've had a FB flub and woof out on me, I've never had a D412 do that.

I don't wear tan pants, Holmes.
Peace

It was a joke. I thought that would have been self evident. It's all good.

Ventura":2a5h8bqm said:
mhenson42":2a5h8bqm said:
Ventura":2a5h8bqm said:
The D is tighter.

Mo

Tone's subjective - and I've owned both too. I think what I like about the D412 is that the bass is huge and all-surround, but doesn't flub. The FB is laser-beam sonics, still a great cab, but doesn't fill the room as well as the D412. I've gone down both roads, and when it came to bass response and spectrum, the D412 won. But hey, to each their own.

So long as everyone's happy playing what their playing :rock: :thumbsup:

Are you referring to the deliverance cab with p50e’s?
I’ve heard they are a love/hate speaker, but never tried them.
Your description sounds like what my k100 front load cab sounds like.
(I’ve started really liking that cab with my d120.)
Deep, punching bass that surrounds you but is controlled and tight.
Are the p50e’s anything like the k100?
There is a d cab for sale local to me but from the vht era. With p50e’s.
A buddy who’s ear I trust hates the p50e, is what’s holding me back.
Loves the fane loaded Fryette.

I have a Deliverance 4x12 with P50E and a cab here with K85 (same as K100). They are pretty different sounding speakers.

What I get from my Deliverance 4x12 my other cabs don't do is the amount of definition and clarity. I have not heard this kind of focused bass from any other cab.

Back