NAD needed a backup/practice head for when I don't feel like firing up the Splawn

• Thread starter Thread starter kmanick
  • Start date Start date
kmanick
kmanick
I work from home and tend to noodle all day. I hate turning my splawn on/off 10 times a day , and I didn't have a back up hed for gigs in case I blew a tube/fuse or something.
So..... I tried the Joyo Jackman . Sounded surprisingly good in the basement, like ass at rehearsal, so back it went (bought it through Amazon).
started looking around and narrowed it down to either the EVH 5150 III LBX, the 6505 MH or the OR15.
well I found a 6505MH at a really good price on the Facebook market place and it arrived this morning.
Gainy little beast but tamable. sounds great through the Scumbacks, perfect for what I was looking for.
Sounds great in the house much louder than the Joyo and sounds good loud. I normally use my Splawn for rehearsals but sometimes we rehearse in a different space that is much smaller so next we do this will come along for a "jam test" to see how it fails against a drummer and another guitarist.
Now I need a 1X12 to make it a "Grab and Go" rig.
vguB5uQ.jpg

Get a nice efficient speaker and cab.

Back in high school I used to occasionally gig a cranked Blues Jr. through a EVM12L open back cab and I was able to compete with a drummer and bassist pretty well. Didn't leave much headroom though.

(By the way, a dimed Blues Jr is a pretty awesome sounding amp and takes an OD really well. Very Marshall-esque).

I use a Captor X to gig with (along with my cab, whatever it is) I was just thinking about throwing a V30 into an Avatar 1X12 and be done with it.
We don't play very loud in the small room and If I ever needed it at a gig , I'd be going through my 2 or 4 X12 cab anyway.
If I could find a mesa 1X12 with the EVM12L locally for a good price I'd snag it in a heartbeat :)

a "jam test" to see how it fails against a drummer and another guitarist.
Now I need a 1X12 to make it a "Grab and Go" rig.

Nice score!
Grab a Bogner or Friedman ported cube.
Those things punch hard for a 1 x12.

Back