NAD - Old Mesa

• Thread starter Thread starter grimmchaos
  • Start date Start date
hows it compare to the iii?
My III is a green stripe, and running EL34's in the outer sockets. It's definitely brighter and not as thick as the 2C+. With the eq I can get them close for sure. The III is more immediate feeling, but the 2C+ feels "better" to me. I can't really see the III sticking around since the 2C+ does what I want it to do without any fuss... but I guess we will see.

My III is a green stripe, and running EL34's in the outer sockets. It's definitely brighter and not as thick as the 2C+. With the eq I can get them close for sure. The III is more immediate feeling, but the 2C+ feels "better" to me. I can't really see the III sticking around since the 2C+ does what I want it to do without any fuss... but I guess we will see.
The III Green Stripe probably feels more immediate from being simul-class. I find whether a iic+ or iii the simul-class versions are faster responding and a bit tighter, but also smoother and more compressed. Most guys (myself included) like the simul’s more with all 6L6’s

I get the better feeling, that little squish is highly addicting

Now in headshell form - with a bonus inside pic. I wish I was in that good of shape at 40 years old.

UzjariA.jpg

wn8Ojs1.jpg

I used to have a Mark IV and two III’s, then I got a C+.
Now I have only a C+.
In the land of Marks the C+ is King.

Congrats on an awesome amp for a steal of a price. Headshell looks killer.

Even if it’s all good, Consider sending it to Mike B for a servicing before he pulls the plug. Also consider the ++ mod, I’ve got it on my SG and it positively kills.

Even if it’s all good, Consider sending it to Mike B for a servicing before he pulls the plug. Also consider the ++ mod, I’ve got it on my SG and it positively kills.
He went through it a year or two ago... I have receipts which made it even more of a no brainer to buy. So I should be good.. though a ++ mod would be awesome.

Nah just a local find... 3k is pretty good right?

Thanks guys, just had to peel myself away from it after a couple hours of jamming. It's addictive that's for sure.

Did you do any haggling or just paid it because you wanted it? I always haggle when buying something locally. I bought a 2U Eventide DSP4000 for $400 bucks after haggling it from $600.

Back