NAD - the circuit

• Thread starter Thread starter SpiderWars
  • Start date Start date
SpiderWars
SpiderWars
The circuit that changed guitar amps forever...nevermind it was a bass amp. Not really a Rig Talk type of amp but here's a Tweed Bassman clone in a 2x10"/12" cab. Not familiar with the company but looks solidly built. Been wanting one of these Marshall predecessors, either a Tweed Bassman or Twin, and this one popped up on CL about 20 min away for a good price. It's in great shape and even has a cover.

20210626_154850.jpg

20210626_154921.jpg

20210626_154943.jpg

Love it! I'm such a huge fan of vintage fender circuits. One of my bucket list amps is a super reverb. Strat, cable, amp and volume. Nothing else needed😎
Congrats on a great score there! I'm sure it sounds amazing.

Love it! I'm such a huge fan of vintage fender circuits. One of my bucket list amps is a super reverb. Strat, cable, amp and volume. Nothing else needed😎
Congrats on a great score there! I'm sure it sounds amazing.
When I saw Derek Trucks open for Eric Johnson many years ago he just plugged his SG into that blackface Super Reverb and it sounded killer.

I only just now got to play it for a bit and it sounds great with low noise, no ghosting, no rattles with a Strat. It's a pretty faithful circuit and has the blue Sozo Next Gen caps, Classic Tone transformers, CC resistors in key spots. 440vdc on the plates. Also has selectable NFB and a PPIMV on the underside of chassis, hard to reach but good for set and forget. I just maxxed the MV. With Bright volume dimed it purrs with this great warm overdrive that's fat but not farty.

Back