Name some amps that meet this criteria...

Thump...
Get a Egnater MOD 100 or 50. Load it with a SL 2 and a COD and you will never go back! Or begin with the Randall stuff! You wont be sorry...I am hopefully going out on tour this summer with the Egnater stuff to various shows and ampfests!

The Hughes and Kettner Trilogy is a very cool amp that meets those criteria. The other guitar player in my band has one and it is bad ass. I dig it a lot.

:|::QBB:
meanstreet":e62b8 said:
The Hughes and Kettner Trilogy is a very cool amp that meets those criteria. The other guitar player in my band has one and it is bad ass. I dig it a lot.

Oops, my bad. The Trilogy only has one master, but the loop can be used as a boost. 4 Channels, MIDI switchable. Great clean channel, Marshally crunch and lead channel, and modern Ultra channel. Very cool amp.

Ifan amp has a series loop, you can do the solo boost easily.

1) Put a volume pedal in the loop and you would, in effect, have a remote master volume. Then you aren't stuck with the same preset boost level for everything. I did this for years. If you "ride" the pedal using a lot of smooth distortion, you can do violin-ish/Ebow type effects.
2) Any decent tech or tinkerer could make a box with a pot, a couple of jacks and a footswitch button. You then preset the pot for your lower level and bypass the pot for your boost level.

Egnater

dave_mc":7591f said:
koch multitone? it's a while since i tried it, though.

maybe cornford, though i don't know if they have the second master... some of them do, i think, unfortunately the ones I haven't tried.

Yep they do - and the powertone is better IMO for the higher gain stuff - tighter. the Multi is more classic rock with higher gain with the power being more modern sounding.

SgtThump":42b42 said:

Is the footswitchable boost on the XTC adjustable? I guess I could go to the Bogner site to read about it, but I'm lazy.

And yes, I sold a VHT 50CL that would've worked fine. lol... It just didn't have the punch that I want.

Its not adjustable, but I find it to be just right stock, honestly. I know you can get it modded for more/less of a boost if you need to. Plus you have the two gain channels anyway. Lots of ways to set things up for what you want.

XTC or Quickrod IMHO. XTC doesn't have the master volumes but with two gain channels with a boost for either It's easy to set up that way. It's got a footswitchable loop so an EQ with the level up a wee bit would work for more volume.

Chris ,

Egnater . I have the Vendetta and its great /

I think you would dig the SL2 or maybe a Randall Lynch mod and the cleans are stellar too

the cool thing is you would have 4 channels..
and if there was something you didnt dig in the voicing im sure Bruce would mod it ....

Back