Need amp help: Thinking of Wizard MTL/Rivera KR7/Maxxwatt SH

• Thread starter Thread starter LunatiBSW
  • Start date Start date
I had no trouble getting killer tones out of my KR7 at bedroom volume, and those are rated at 120 watts. It all depends on what one considers bedroom volume I suppose.

Apex1Rg7X":ccgkmsqx said:
I had no trouble getting killer tones out of my KR7 at bedroom volume, and those are rated at 120 watts. It all depends on what one considers bedroom volume I suppose.

My KII is 120 watts too. Like I said, it's not impossible to get a decent tone at low volume, but I have to change all the settings on it. It's just not worth the bother to me. In truth, I actually don't like how any amp sounds at low volume. Loud is ALWAYS better.

I'd actually really like to pick up a KR7. It's one of the amps that's been on my short list for a number of years now. Unfortunately you don't see them for sale very often.

The KR7 kicks ass. I almost bought one not long after they came out.

Like I mentioned earlier, the KR7 is up there with my old Fryette Ultra Lead as far as favorite amps I've ever owned.

The KR7 sounds the nastiest. Sounds like it has the most lowend also. Which could be good/bad.
Looks like it has more “metal” tones to it.
Doing research. Really thinking of the KR7 or the MTL

Soooo. I wound up pulling trigger on a New Fryette Masterbuilt Deliverance 120.
I talked to the guys at Fryette and they assured me the amp was what I was looking for, even asked for a couple mods. They laughed and said these will be brutal. So I trusted them. The masterbuilt, from my email, means the amps are built from the ground up, from their most experienced builder.
Every part is personally inspected and approved by him and any mods, like the loops, are done by him as well. Then signed off by Steve Fryette, who does final QC and play test.
Pretty sweet. Excited to get one. The (4) KT88 power is what I’m thinking I’m needing.
It will take a couple weeks to build, can’t wait.
I told them I was looking for something really big, that’s tight, bright/cutting with lots of balls and punch.
They steered me to the D120.

Cool man. It’s always great to check out new things.
I always find myself coming back full circle. :lol: :LOL:
Good thing is that you can always pick up a KR7 in the future need be. :thumbsup:

Deliverance 120 is one of my favorite amps. Congratulations.

I would own a Deliverance but I need an FX Loop. They sound great.

FourT6and2":1xxf02iy said:
This masterbuilt run has a factory effects loop installed. Big for me also

LunatiBSW":17myzgmr said:
FourT6and2":17myzgmr said:

Oh shit, really? Why have I never heard of these before?

FourT6and2":2w6jkzhj said:
LunatiBSW":2w6jkzhj said:
FourT6and2":2w6jkzhj said:

Oh shit, really? Why have I never heard of these before?

Regardless of the materbuilt deal, isn't Fryette installing loops anymore? The D60 I had was an old VHT era and had been sent into those guys and had the loop put in. Worked flawlessly & sounded great.

Congrats on the D120 bro, that will be sick. I sold my D60 because the lack of a loop.

mhenson42":956xldgn said:
errrrrl":956xldgn said:
Dude, get the Wizard MTL, make some videos with your walls shaking your house apart which will in turn strengthen my existing Wizard MTL gas and cause me to get one too :thumbsup:

What he said! :thumbsup:

Just order a new one with KT88s :rock:

What he said! :thumbsup:

At least it is 100% hand made and tested by Rick's one-man show. No MetroWiz here.

Fryette last I heard installed loops and was selling a kit if you want to do it yourself.

A foot switch for the Less / More switch is also popular.

There was also one update / slight voice change available if you have a early one.

If you contact them you want to have your serial number from the amp.

I have what appears to be an early D-120 with a factory loop. Must have been sent back for the loop since "send" and "return" are written in silver sharpie.

Back