New Gary Moore Tribute Stratocaster!

• Thread starter Thread starter Atomic Playboy
  • Start date Start date
Atomic Playboy
Atomic Playboy
Just announced a new Gary Moore Tribute Stratocaster. This is a replica of Gary's famous 1961 Fiesta Red Strat, which had been owned by Tommy Steele prior to Gary and bought by Gary when he was in Greg Lake's band.
He had Dunlop Jumbo Frets fitted and in later years Tim Mills of Bare Knuckles had rewound the neck pickup.
This is an iconic Strat and was heavily used by Gary during his early rock career and later on for the Gary Moore Plays Jimi project!
It is a Custom Shop build and wonder if it will have a VOS option as well as a relic'd version?
Gary%20Moore%20Strat_zpsqtimsmhg.jpg

Here is an example of what a tone monster this guitar is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Whyj6KYXgDQ

Atomic Playboy

In my mind Gary always plays a Charvel, but very cool to see him get a signature.

Nice. What a killer player he was. I'm ashamed to say that I got into him later on, but he was just great.
I'd love to have that strat :rock:
This video he did here, one of the many, always blows me away.

gary's best tone was in 1987 in stockholm...
he had a strat with an emg 81...

Dave L":3dzzid41 said:
In my mind Gary always plays a Charvel, but very cool to see him get a signature.
In my mind Gary played a les Paul, but Gary could make any guitar sing :D

blackie13":2gkqsmty said:

Debatable. I prefer the earlier strat into the Superbass tones, but i agree 87 is good too.

When is the Gary Moore wardrobe collection coming out? I need that outfit :lol: :LOL:

AmpliFIRE":2ddz0o3h said:
When is the Gary Moore wardrobe collection coming out? I need that outfit :lol: :LOL:

+1. Jeez.

Come on Gary, you knew better than that...

The early 80s Gary era was mainly a Strat then the Charvel in the late 80s . He did play an LP and LP Jr. in some clips from that era . I would love that fiesta red replica but sadly it would just sound like me when I plugged in

Here's the gig from the pic
Pure profiteering from Fender here, otherwise they'd have done it when Gary was alive
I can hear him saying, 'Cheeky feckers', from above
For me, no humbucker, no point
A Charvel would have been more appropriate from Fullerton
single EMG 'bucker and Floyd

gtrwun":1w2ohrer said:
blackie13":1w2ohrer said:

Debatable. I prefer the earlier strat into the Superbass tones, but i agree 87 is good too.

There are very few bigger Charvel freaks than me and the best Gary era was what happened before he started playing EMG loaded Charvels. Corridors of Power, Victims of the Future and We Want Moore (especially) were as cool as Gary ever got IMO. And that was unbelievably cool! One of my favorites and definitely referring to the era I just listed.

The Irish jiggy, river dance music of the Wild Frontiers era was kind of an enough already, we get it, you're Irish sort of period for me. :)

I 1st heard Gary when he put out Victims of the Future. also had a cassette tape called We Want Moore which was just an awesome live show from Gary. Both had some serious strat tones, so I've always associated Gary with strats in the back of my mind. I wouldn't buy a sig guitar, but I think it's a pretty cool one.

Chubtone":1l6yjatx said:
gtrwun":1l6yjatx said:
blackie13":1l6yjatx said:

There are very few bigger Charvel freaks than me and the best Gary era was what happened before he started playing EMG loaded Charvels. Corridors of Power, Victims of the Future and We Want Moore (especially) were as cool as Gary ever got IMO. And that was unbelievably cool! One of my favorites and definitely referring to the era I just listed.

The Irish jiggy, river dance music of the Wild Frontiers era was kind of an enough already, we get it, you're Irish sort of period for me. :)

River dance..... :lol: :LOL: :lol: :LOL: . Yeah, started to veer off track at that point in time for me too. Corridors and Victims were unbelievable at that time and still hold up. To me, I put Gary up their with Randy/VH/Lynch in terms of being a serious bad-ass at that point in time and his playing always remained great even though his writing and choice of music wavered. And lets face it.....playing a Strat with single coils and getting the tone he did and controlling the noise and getting that fat sound..... its pretty impressive. To me anyway. I'm a Charvel geek too Chub, but ive been getting into the Strat thing Lately pretty heavily. I went nuts the other day and bought one of those Wildwood 10 Custom Shop pieces thats gonna drop here tomorrow.
I digress.....Gary Moore rocks and I think its cool that at least Fender is paying some homage to a guy that was a huge influence to a lot of guys. I'm not sure i'd agree this is a cash grab. I'm not sure Fender really is that desperate.

AmpliFIRE":1viso8at said:
Pretty sure its out. Chicks call them Yoga pants. :lol: :LOL:

I think I had a pair in the 80's. :D

Mailman1971":3bj0f993 said:
AmpliFIRE":3bj0f993 said:
Pretty sure its out. Chicks call them Yoga pants. :lol: :LOL:

I think I had a pair in the 80's. :D

I/m pretty sure most guys on this forum had a pair or 3 of those! :D

Ha! The first thing that popped into my mind too was how about signature jeans!! :lol: :LOL:

I think of him as a Strat guy too. But I would want a white one like in the Emerald Aisle vid. He lost me once I realized the blues thing wasn't going to be a short phase. One of my favorite tones by him is the Run For Cover album. By then I'm sure it was an assortment of Super Strat types and Hamers. I aways remember that Ibanez Roadster from the Out in The Fields video.

Cool Hamer in this one....it takes them a moment to get the guitar right in the mix

My wife is going to be thrilled when I tell her that I need to buy another pricey Strat. :D

Thats a cool strat, he was a great player i just found out anout him the last year or so,
He flys under the radar most of the time

Tazz3":1kub5e93 said:
Thats a cool strat, he was a great player i just found out anout him the last year or so,
He flys under the radar most of the time

Yes the guitar is cool and he was a Great player/singer, soulful performer etc.. . Not to be argumentative but He does not/ did not fly under the radar to anyone who knows.. . He was bold, proud and true.. You may be just learning about him, (and the small handful that soar over the rainbow yet go un noticed by the younger crowd.. ) GM is one of the best. One of the greatest singer/players ever!

Here are some other under the radar types that have influenced many.. you might like and or be enlightened by. Check em out!

Ulrich Roth, Michael Schenker, Robin Trower, Tell me you have heard of Ritchie Blackmore yes? Also check out Lesley West, Warren Haynes and Rory Gallagher None of these guys are under the radar really. They shaped the chops of many many players who don't hold a candle to them yet may have had more commercial success

Back