NEW GUITAR DAY(KEN LAWRENCE EXPLORER)

• Thread starter Thread starter Les Zombie
  • Start date Start date
Les Zombie
Les Zombie
LOOKS EVIL, THE NAME DARTH VADER FITS IT PERFECTLY.
HERE IT IS BITCHES, I HAD TO WAIT FOR IT TO THAW OUT BECAUSE IT WAS ON THE FEDEX TRUCK All day and its snowing outside. i havent gotten to play it yet.
i tried to take a couple quick pics, ken told me its the hardest one to photograph and i had a hard time taking these photos.
im gonna take some outside when it warmer.

i love it, i cant believe how badass it turned out.
I DONT HAVE WORDS TO SAY HOW HAPPY I AM WITH THE WAY IT TURNED OUT.

HERES THE SPECS:::
mahogany back and neck
quilted maple top and headcap in trans black
macassar ebony fretboard
red fiber optic side markers
mother of pearl logo
emg 60/81
graph teck nut
tone pros bridge and tailpiece
sperzel tuners
gloss finish

pics in my sig link.

my next next guitar will be an explorer or flying v i love the extra chunk all the solid wood in those gives (or at least i perceive). and that is one hot looking guitar

Damn, I love Explorers and that one is definitely a work of art! I always liked the "hockey-stick" headstocks, but that one looks cooler the more I look at it. If you don't mind me asking, how much did it set you back?

BRUTAL, MEAN LOOKING, AND SIMPLE.
THATS WHAT I WANTED FROM THIS GUITAR AND THATS WHAT IT IS. ITS NOT MEANT TO BE SUPER FANCY.

ok ive had some time to play it.
what a badass sounding guitar.
the neck is thinner than my last kl, its nice because its not too thin and not too thick, it fits me perfect and its kinda flat and round on the sides. the ebony is so smooth and feels awsome and ken really spends time on the fretwork, ken makes about the finest instrument you can buy. i think its worth the money for sure. this guitar i have is really clear sounding, you can hear every note ring out perfect, and you can feel the vibrations of the strings more than alot of guitars, its very resonant. every detail is perfect on these guitars ken makes. this KL is brighter than my other one i had, the maple top and ebony add some brightness and highs, but its still got some balls to, palm mutes sound brutal.

heres some other info
Ken is working on a website and hopefully it will be done soon. His wait time for a guitar is 18 months. He doesn't build them without inlays. He's only made 4 like that and I owned 2 of them. Hetfield has 1 and my friend ans has the other 1. He told me again today he's not doing them without inlays. My friend was the first one and because of him ken did it for me.
His guitars with a inlay and exotic woods range from 6400 to 6800.
He's only made 3 that's in a stained color including mine and 2 in gloss the other in satin. ken is the only one who works on the guitars and thats why it takes so long.

i'm seriously envious of you now! that looks incredible man, hope you enjoy the hell out of it

all i can say is wow too. i knew it was gonna be nice but ive never had a guitar knock me on my ass like this one, well maybe the rebel when i got it. but i like this KL more than my other one i had.

holy fucking shit! that guitar is hawt! congrats man.

no inlays at all? i'm not too fond of KL's inlays (i think we talked about that when you got your previous KL explorer). this one looks like it was made for business.

NIce! I like the side markers...I need to do that to some of my guitars....

DAMN!!!!

I love those KL's....I pretty much love the explorer body, but his guitars take the cake!

Back