New Kiesel Amps

• Thread starter Thread starter Metlupass2
  • Start date Start date
There was one point in time in my youth that everyone seemed to have a broken MTS3200 laying around somewhere. My buddy gutted one to fix another. I got one for free as part of a deal and put new transformers in it from Chicago and modded the shit out of it. They took the diodes out of the circuit, tweaked the tone stack and changed all the caps to SoZos and it was pretty sweet after that.

Legend has it that my buddy still has a broken MTS in his closet somewhere. Those things were fucking paperweights. I'm sure Kiesel will make great amps.

I'm a little curious to see what they made. I have a feeling this amp should be geared towards metal based upon racer boy's history. With that said, how much? Let's guess... 2k?

Curious to see what they come out with. My first tube amp was an X60B, which I think I got in 90 or 91. Great clean, but never really bonded with the overdrive channel. Had a v3 a decade ago or so, and it was pretty meh. I never had much interest in their other offerings, except maybe the Quad X-AMP.

Carvin Audio these days just seems to be rehashing old ideas. I have higher hopes in Kiesel coming out with something people actually want.
The Quad X had some decent tones in it.

I had both the X100B and Carvin Legacy 1. Legacy clean channel was awesome...lovely. Distortion side for me was better with 6L6s and a good overdrive pushing it. Was still not a metal amp, but smooth leads for days.

I didn't think the V3 was that bad. Very speaker dependent, though. Only cost me $600 so I had zero reason to complain.

Gonna be honest, this feels like a plugin, of which I have zero interest.

only $129...with 20% off if you own a Kiesel....no thanks...

Wait so now we can get that hollowed out, flubby tone in our PC rigs? Without lugging those heavy heads around? That's pretty fuckin' sweet. People can hate all they want. I'm stoked.
I would rather have one of those things you have been demoing Alan....Spark? Can't remember....

there were a couple of carvin combos that did cool versions of tweed/blackfaced clean tones. bel air or nomad or something…very respectable sonically but they tended to run hotter than the sun.

i went to a planet x show and macalpine used a legacy. my takeaway was a guy that good deserved way better tone.

there were a couple of carvin combos that did cool versions of tweed/blackfaced clean tones. bel air or nomad or something…very respectable sonically but they tended to run hotter than the sun.

i went to a planet x show and macalpine used a legacy. my takeaway was a guy that good deserved way better tone.
Pat-I have read about dude's loving those things but I don't see it. Went to an Anthony Wiener clinic and someone asked him about Vai using those...He just chuckled and said it's Vai....whatever he uses it's going to be him....

I'm a fucking moron...lol..Dave Wiener...That was back when the mesa stiletto came out and he was rocking one.... :doh:

Last edited:
Is there really an Anthony Weiner guitar player or did you mean Dave Weiner

that Wiener can play..... :ROFLMAO:
well he's a player when sexting...those wacky demoncrats!

Anthony Weiner 'is back on encrypted messaging app Confide' five years  after sexting scandal | Daily Mail Online

Back